X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUSTOM PARTS/SERVICES By MEMBERS

Hey there folks,

Just wanted to post a message about Geezer's replacement Reg/Rect Unit that he makes!! I finally got around to installing the one I got from him a bit over a week ago, was a nice sunny 70 degree day, figured I'd vacuum synch the carbs while I had the tank off for the Reg/Rect!

The Plugs are the same, so it's a simple unplug/plug back in. The body plate is much shorter so you might want to get some shorter mounting screws vs. the OEM longer ones!!

The new Base Plate is a little wider, and so I just had to rotate the tank rubber grommet a bit to allow it to fit. I also cleaned off the frame mounts where it had rusted, and scraped the paint off the back of the new unit where it would contact, to aid in grounding....but may not be needed!?

After I had it installed, I fired Godzilla up, and then checked the voltages, and at 1100 rpm idle, it was ~12.25 about the same as the OEM, but at only 3K, it ramped up to 14+V, the OEM didn't get there until 4K. Then turned on the pair of 55watt floodlights, and it only dropped about .5v, maintained 13.5V at 3K ! !

So...I give it a 2 thumbs up, a definitive quality product highly recommend it!!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

I must have forgotten to put the screws in the package. I normally ship these with a new pair of stainless allen head screws.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

For club members that want one. I have made a hidden page on my website that has them $12 off the regular price.

Go to http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/Pro.html

Then scroll to the bottom of the page.

BTW, this discount is only good through the end of this year (2005...)

Geezer

Comment

But suppose I don't need a regulator in the next two months! (whine, whine, whine)
        Nice job, Geezer. I liked the findings from T.C.'s floodlight test.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

What impressed me most when I beta tested the first one was my lights came on quicker when it started up and my tach was less jumpy. I don’t ride at night much so I haven’t had much chance to enjoy the 85/100w headlight bulb I put in at the same time.

I’d like to say it kept my battery charged better but that battery should have been replaced last year. I put a new one in early in September after I had to bump start the Mongrel and now I can start it in gear to break the clutch free in the morning.

BTW, I carry most of the electrical connectors used on our XS11’s. The most common one to fail is the plug on the ignition switch. The terminals corrode, over heat and melt the plug. This plug also connects the full charging out put to the brown main power lead to the bike. The voltage regulator senses charging from the brown wire and if it doesn’t get a good connection to the red wire when the power is on, the bike will over charge and boil the battery.

Geezer

Comment

I see on the product description on your web page that it fits through '81 XS11, will it fit my '82 XJ?

(I could check yamma mamma parts schematic, but even if the OEM's were different I suppose yours might be compatible)
            '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

One of my customers bought one and changed the plugs to use it on his 82 XJ. He said it worked great but I don't know if he had to do anything else to make it fit.

Geezer

Comment

CUSTOM PARTS By MEMBERS

Hey Folks,

This thread is to spotlight custom made parts created by our own members for our bikes!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham

Comment

TKAT's Fork Braces NLA.

TKAT's Fork Braces are NO LONGER AVAILABLE NEW, He(TKAT) has retired, sold his machining equipment. You may be able to find used ones on eBay, he made them for many years.

Apparently his website and files are still there because this image below is linked to it to show what it looked like.

Here's an eBay link to a different brand FASTEC: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253253818337?ul_noapp=true

And Tarozzi makes one for the XS1100 Sport which fits the specials. I think they also make them for the standards.
                  T. C. Gresham

Comment

Replacement fuse blocks

We've found a much better priced location for acquiring these fuse blocks. They are quality devices, from DelCity. I order enough quantities to meet the minimum order limit, and then supply them for just a few dollars more than their cost, for shipping, postage, handling!! SO...you can send $9.00 to my PayPal account ......topcatgr(at)hotmail.com, REPLACE (at) with @ OFC.
                    **Just copy/paste the above email address with the changed (@) into the PayPal Send Money To box** Ensure that your Paypal Shipping info is current/correct, and select GOODS when sending the $ so it will provide a shipping address with the email payment notification.
                    Include your full name/address and XS11 handle in your paypal message so I can keep your orders straight, and I'll get it to you ASAP!! Here's a better picture of this thing:

Here's the tech thread discussing this .

T.C.

Addendum:
                    Hey Folks,

As most of you know, I "happily" provide/resell the fuseblocks I get from DelCity for members here, since they would otherwise have to buy 5 of them to get the minimum $25 order amount. It was recently suggested that it would be possibly beneficial to those getting the fuseblocks that I also provide the 90 degree insulated 1/4" terminals that would fit them as well!!

I looked into it, and DelCity does offer a 90 degree "Flag style" 0.250" terminal connector in the 14-16 ga wire range. I am offering a set of 12 for about a $1.00 extra along with the $9.00 fuseblock price.

Radio shack offers them but only in a 6 pack, and 3 are 14-16 ga and 3 are 22-24 ga, for $1.99 . They also offer uninsulated 90 degree/flag style terminals in a 10 pack for same price, all 14-16 ga.

Nylon insulation material is molded onto brazed seam barrel and is resistant to deformation.

Funnel entry is formed into inside of insulation to allow for easier wire insulation.

Brazed seam will not separated under pressure or operating stress.

Clear nylon allows for easy inspection of wire connection.

Industry standard color-coding indicates wire range.

Rated to 600 volts maximum, building wire; 1000 volts maximum, 105° C.
                    SO....this is an OPTIONAL item, if you want just the fuseblock, okay. IF you want the connectors, just state so, and send the appropriate funds for either or both!
                    T.C.

Info Updated 08-30-2011...I keep these in stock, and will continue to provide them as long as I'm the Admin, etc.! This post will be editted IF/WHEN I decide to no longer sell them!
                    **Also, these prices are for USA shipping. International ie. Canada is about $3.00 more per unit/block. Best to contact/PM me first with your address so I can get the price quote from the USPS!**
                    T. C. Gresham

Comment

Spin On Oil Filter Adapter

[B]
                      T.C.'s Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter-S.O.F.A.

by T.C."TopCat" Gresham , posted 08-01-04

See THIS TECH TIP for the whole story!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham

Comment

XS-XJ Cdrom by RockJok

XS/XJ 1100 CD-ROM
                        XSive Rob Mills has done an incredible job compiling on CD ROM an encyclopedic collection of XS/XJ 1100 factory and aftermarket manuals, and microfiche. What follows is his description.

The CD contains 1250+ pages and is ~600 MB. All the files are in the root directory of the CD so it should work well on both PC and Mac systems. An internet browser and the free Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for navigating the indexes. Topics included on the CD are: (* = new in this edition)

1978 E model Factory Service Manual
                        1979 F model supplement
                        1979 SF model supplement
                        1980 G model supplement
                        1980 SG model supplement
                        1981 H model supplement
                        1981 SH model supplement
                        1981 SG model supplement
                        Multilingual Shaft drive manual
                        1982 XJ Factory Service Manual
                        *1982 XJ parts microfiche
                        *1979 SF model parts microfiche
                        *1980 LG model parts microfiche
                        1981 H model parts microfiche
                        1981 SH model parts microfiche
                        *1980 LG model owners manual
                        *Vetter Fairing Manual and Supplements
                        *Wiring diagrams for all models

The CDs won't have much for labeling and may be shipped in recycled jewel cases.

The price is $10.00 US (includes postage) and, since this a NON-PROFIT enterprise, all money over the cost of production will be donated to the Gallatin Valley Humane Society. If you want to send more it will be contributed directly. This animal shelter has a non-kill policy and does a fantastic job finding homes for the critters.

To order:
                        -- PLEASE send an email to rockjok@imt.net with your request and complete shipping address. (I use these for labels and order tracking)

-- Wait until you get an email reply before sending payment, sometimes I'm out of town for a couple weeks at a time.

-- Then include your shipping address and email address with your payment. (Folks outside the US may want to chance sending cash rather than spending a bunch extra on an international money order). I have received money orders with no name or address on them - that makes it hard to know who to send the CD to!

-- If you haven't received the CD in a reasonable amount of time after sending your payment(10-12 days?), email me and I'll try and figure out what went wrong.

My address is:
                        Rob Mills
                        PO Box 1174
                        9 E. Jefferson St
                        Three Forks MT 59752

Rob Mills
                        Last edited by TopCatGr58; 12-14-2009, 11:07 PM. Reason: updated info change of address
                        T. C. Gresham

Comment

Randy's TCI Repairs, Web Site

Hey folks,

Just wanted to post a permanent link thread post to Randy's web site, and info regarding TCI repairs, which he does quite well. So, check out his page here:
                          Randy's Web Page

T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham

Comment

Starter/Horn buttons

Starter/Horn buttons/Stainless Steel/Life Time Guarantee!: BY XSChop

After numerous attempts at polishing my billet starter and horn buttons, I decided to make my own. These are 400 series stainless and polish right out with a dremel, unlike the billet ones that tear up easy and start to corrode from the current passing through them. The left is a stock FRIED one The middle one has a curved top and the far right is high polished like chrome. These WILL NOT RUST/FADE like the billet aluminum ones. I will sell these at $20 per set (shipping included)and will GUARANTEE them for life. Just PM me....chop

Pay Pal address is mottdesigns@yahoo.com. Allow 7-10 days delivery....thanks....chop

**Above should not display as an active link, you need to copy and paste it into the SEND MONEY TO window in Paypal!**
                            T. C. Gresham

Comment

Carb Services by 81xsproject!

Carb Ultrasonic Cleaning and Rebuild Services

Full Service
                              Carbs ultrasonically cleaned and blown through with carb cleaner and compressed air. Jets, emulsion tubes, and any heavily varnished removable parts soaked in Chem-Dip. Carbs rebuilt with a minimum of new float valves, and bowl gaskets depending on individual carb needs. Custom jetting for non-stock applications (ie aftermarket exhausts and air filters) Carbs are assembled, bench synched, and on bike tested and tuned.

Polishing Service $5 per bowl/cap
                              This is an additional service that can be added on to either service for carb caps and outer bowl faces. (May not be do-able depending on metal condition).

Parts are additional. Return shipping is included in price. Shipping weight for carbs is around 8 lbs 4 oz. This will allow you to price shipping to 95540. USPS is usually the cheapest and fastest in the large flat rate box.

For more details pics and pricing, check me out HERE on my new carb blog. May still be under construction.
                              Username: 81xsproject
                              Jessie Cahill
                              *************Some Photos**********

Last edited by 81xsproject; 12-01-2010, 12:21 PM.
                              T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
                              X