Corbin seat
    Custom armrests to haul small kids
    Stainless brake lines (all)
    Heated grips
    Throttle lock
    TKAT fork brace
    ATC fuse block
    Mikes xs green coils
    Jardine exhaust (hard to find, had dings when i bought)
    3 point front crash bars
    Rear crash guards with hard bag mounts
    750 final drive conversion
    Extra led rear lights for safety

I have had this bike a long time and have accumulated some extra parts I will send with it.
    Along with printed service manual and part's manual.

Now the down side...

Not a show piece. Daily rider! You don't have to worry about scratches or scrapes.

Carbs are clean but... jetting not a 100% right.

Pm with phone number and I will send bike pictures.

Thank you for looking.
    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Hmm, well this is a bummer. Looks like the intrest in these bikes is on the downward curve.
    I have had no bites on craigslist.
    no bites on Facebook marketplace.
    now no bites here..
    The only other explanation is the economy is crashing..
    Perhaps it's the last. But I fear the youth maybe missing the mark on enjoying these old beasts.
    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Even when bikes where going for premium prices a couple of years back nobody wanted XS's, that's why mine went for only $1500 when I bought it. Couldn't sell my previous bike, a 83 goldwing for a "fire sale" price so I donated it to a good cause.
      ​​

Those of us that came up in the ancient times, before Al Gore invented the internet, tended to repair things. Older riders who have up on that idea and younger riders who never where exposed to it want someone else to do the work. The XS isn't as popular as the other inline fours of that era so flippers can't make much on them. It's not the economy, it's the times.
      1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

XS1100s are a bargain. Great bikes, but there’s not a lot of interest. Those who love them are aging out or passing. In my garage are three Eleven Specials and at least five XS650s. If I die before disposing of them, I expect they’ll all end up in the trash bin. I have no heirs who could possibly keep them running even if they wanted to.

MindWebs, I hope your bike finds a good home.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

There was a 1980 Midnight Soecial for free in Detroit last week. It was missing the seat and side covers; otherwise in nice shape and not rusted.

I was tempted, but we are moving in a few weeks and I already have three XS11's.
          Last edited by Radioguylogs; 07-13-2024, 08:25 AM.
          -Mike
          _________
          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
          '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
          '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
          '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            XS1100s are a bargain. Great bikes, but there’s not a lot of interest. Those who love them are aging out or passing. In my garage are three Eleven Specials and at least five XS650s. If I die before disposing of them, I expect they’ll all end up in the trash bin. I have no heirs who could possibly keep them running even if they wanted to.

MindWebs, I hope your bike finds a good home.
            Has interest in the XS650's waned?.Last I knew they where tough to find due to so many people buying them and doing hard tail chops with them.
            1980 XS1100G

I identify as a man but according to the label on a package of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

Has interest in the XS650's waned?.Last I knew they where tough to find due to so many people buying them and doing hard tail chops with them.
              I think it has cooled some. XS650.com is very active still, but I haven’t been to a gathering of more than twelve in some time. The XS650 still has aftermarket support and Yamaha built a lot of them over 14 years. People still customize them as well.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2823.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	880739
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

I think it has cooled some. XS650.com is very active still, but I haven’t been to a gathering of more than twelve in some time. The XS650 still has aftermarket support and Yamaha built a lot of them over 14 years. People still customize them as well.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2823.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	880739
                There was one that popped up in Indy for dirt cheap when I was there this last spring and I tried like hell to get a buddy of mine to buy it so I could rehab it for him. Someday when I grow up I'd love to have a stocker like the one in the pic you posted and another to cut up just for fun, they certainly do make for an old school looking chopper on a budget!
                1980 XS1100G

Comment

For the money just keep it if you can, or lend to a buddy to ride for awhile. I bought mine for next to nothing, wasn't running... now it runs great. I will just keep it, because I too have seen a cool market for these bikes overall. People also ask ridiculous prices (not you) near me. I have also thought down the road I could build a hack setup for mine. I think it would do that duty well. These are good solid machines. BTW I am 32, well below the demo who buys these machines. My old man told me stories growing up of touring all over Canada, the US and Mexico on an XS. So, when one came up close by in good shape, I needed to give it a shot!

I had a hard time selling a modern BMW this summer. I think the economy is making people spend less money overall on toys.

Comment

Ccitis, you are right.
                    i was hoping to get a little out of it and send it on to someone else to enjoy.
                    my problem is that I need the garage space.
                    too many bikes.. I don't have a need to keep this one..
                    It's a good machine, but the fjr's modern conveniences suit me better for road trips. And i picked up a beat-up V-strom 1000 to bash around on dirt and gravel.

XS1100's are strong machines with good capability.
                    I enjoyed running it for many years.
                    but as we all know, you have to run these bikes to keep them in good shape. Sitting will slowly deteriorate them.

the market is flooded with bikes, modern and classics.
                    People are hanging on to their money a bit tighter these days. (I'm perhaps not that smart, lol). It is odd that many are still asking high prices most machines. I doubt too many are selling.

Comment

Anybody interested for $900?

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...769671409.html

Comment

And the gavel is down.

Sold!

Dumped for $400.00

And i have garage space again!!

And that is how it goes for me.

Thank you all for the help and support!!

Comment

A reflection of the economic time we find ourselves in. At least you got something for it.
                          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                          81 LH
                          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                          Jim

Comment

Hell of a deal for someone.
                            2H7 (79)
                            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Just now rejoined. Been watching over 20 years, off and on. Started with '78 Standard. Bought new that year. Now running two Standards ('79 and '80) and one Special ('79). Total of 6 over the years. This thread is what nudged me to rejoin. Yes, I also have finally come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna keep what I've got till I'm gone, and let my 2 middle-aged non-riding sons do as they please with all my "iron" (eleven bikes in all) after I'm gone. So sad. Would rather just keep my old "friends" around till the end. No new kids getting bit with this "bug", and literally NOBODY wants these things anymore. Unbelievable. It's been a fantastic ride. Good company here, though. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X