1979 xs1100 SF for sale $2800 Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 xs1100 SF for sale $2800 Michigan

Ready to ride anywhere. Tires have about 200 miles. I have owned it for over 15 years. Members for our group have seen my bikes and always reply " they are among the best ". 100% stock. I have upgraded some parts over the years with NOS parts and kept all the as built parts. Original tank stored NOS tank on bike. Original seat on bike, NOS seat cover in box. Carmine red. 16000 miles. Call Vance 248 736 6222. will send pics if I cant upload current ones. Ask me questions , too much to type all the goodies done. Has won numerous trophies in local shows.
    79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
    85 Honda v65 Magna
    70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
    02 Road King (retirement gift)
    First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

I'm one who has seen this bike.

It's unusally pristine and OEM. It's perfectly maintained.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

I've never had a bike shipped before, therefore know nothing about the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the cost of shipping this bike would be? If I buy this one, it would be about a 300 mile one way trip. Any recommendations on shipping companies? Thanks, Bob
      Bob's Bikes:
      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
      "
      Project XS11"
      "Rucksack Grunt"
      "Small Unit Leadership"
      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
      For Sale Here.

Comment

Hi Bob, I have used Uship twice with good results. The first bike (with sidecar) was the XS11 from the Judas Priest MTV video from Georgia to Connecticut. The second was the Valkyrie from North Carolina to Connecticut. This was a few years before COVID and everything went crazy with prices but I remember both deliveries cost about $300.00 each.

https://www.uship.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3408.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	878653 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3409.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	878654 Click image for larger version

Name:	0G.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	878655

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post
          I've never had a bike shipped before, therefore know nothing about the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the cost of shipping this bike would be? If I buy this one, it would be about a 300 mile one way trip. Any recommendations on shipping companies? Thanks, Bob
          Good to see you back in the market for a bike Bob. That one would only need to be rode. I have never had a bike shipped. Sounds like a buddy trip to me or a significant other and you trip. Just have someone ride with you and then just ride it home.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Thanks Deebs, I'll check into u-ship.

Thanks Cajun, I'm not really in the market but always looking. By the time I get around to it, this one should be gone! It sounds like a pretty sweet bike!
            Bob's Bikes:
            79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:

Bob's Books:
            "
            Project XS11"
            "Rucksack Grunt"
            "Small Unit Leadership"
            "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
            For Sale Here.

Comment

Howdy Bob, if you end up buying the bike, I can drive up with you to pick it up and ride back and not worry about shipping,,,,,,I am on the way in Espyville Pa., but I wont be back in town unitl mid may, just in time for the W.Va. NE Yamaha rally that everyone in the area should go to for the best riding and Yamaha folks around.......so just offering, hope it goes to a good xs owner............Mike in San DIego and Pa

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks a lot! Very nice of you. The problem is, I'm not sure I'm physically able to make the trip. Which is primarily the reason I retired from this hobby last year. I'm going to give this some thought over the weekend and maybe give Vedgar a call after Easter to see if it's still available. Like you, I'd like to see this one go to a good XS owner. I still have one XS11 here, but I don't know anybody who has only one bike! Kind of embarrassing! Ha!
                Bob's Bikes:
                79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:

Bob's Books:
                "
                Project XS11"
                "Rucksack Grunt"
                "Small Unit Leadership"
                "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
                For Sale Here.

Comment

I will answer all questions about my xs1100 sf. Why am I selling ? Bought another car and wife wants her side of the garage. Will be 71 this summer and I still have my small 1970 Yamaha hs1. Extra stuff ? NOS sidecovers as I have 2 sets and one set is on the bike. 2 left side exhaust and 1 right side. Very nice spare exhaust.. NOS seat cover in box. bike has nos grab bar on it. Have other parts just cant remember them all.
                  79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
                  85 Honda v65 Magna
                  70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
                  02 Road King (retirement gift)
                  First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

I've seen it, touched it, loved it. Beautiful bike. Vance and his wife are amazing people. Plenty of great stories Vance has from his Jaguar/Ford days.

Now, regarding uShip- my opinion, caveat emptor. I would personally rent a uHaul motorcycle trailer, and bit me the bullet on gas and time.

As you guys know, I brought two XS11's back from W. Virginia, and had a Valkyrie shipped from Florida, using uShip. Shipper was a POS. I now have to use an alternative shipper from Shiply. Just nor worth it. Maby of the shippers charge a low rate, the require two down payments. Then, they have the right to increase the cost, after u accept the bid. On-top of that, they do not allow them to use their real company's name, so you cannot research their reliability through FMCSA.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Wow Ian, I guess a lot has changed with Uship since COVID. These days nobody wants to work and they want top dollar for doing a sh*tty job.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
                        These days nobody wants to work and they want top dollar for doing a sh*tty job.
                        Everyone got a little time off and said "This is total BS"
                        1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Working...
                        X