82 XJ1100 on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 XJ1100 on eBay

Here is a rare bike for sale on eBay. I love the fairing. Don't see too many of those. Got that crazy vacuum equalizing head. Price is ridiculous. Worth between $500 and $1100 for a non runner rolling basket (me personally I would not pay more than $100.00). The hole in the fuel tank is a stab through the heart. Try finding one these days. Also, the fact that it has had that much work to produce that many spare parts hurts the sale. Could be a victim of shade tree technology. In any event it is a financial gamble for the buyer which lowers the value significantly. It is, however, the last of the XS1100s. Pretty cool bike. Very 80's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37456209672...Bk9SR560m_3bYQ

I was living not too far from where that bike is up until about a year ago, pretty sure I saw it for sale for a heck of a lot less! That's crazy money but it does have a clean Tittle and if you ever tried washing one of those you know how much of a chore that can be.
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
      Here is a rare bike for sale on eBay. I love the fairing. Don't see too many of those. Got that crazy vacuum equalizing head. Price is ridiculous. Worth between $500 and $1100 for a non runner rolling basket (me personally I would not pay more than $100.00). The hole in the fuel tank is a stab through the heart. Try finding one these days. Also, the fact that it has had that much work to produce that many spare parts hurts the sale. Could be a victim of shade tree technology. In any event it is a financial gamble for the buyer which lowers the value significantly. It is, however, the last of the XS1100s. Pretty cool bike. Very 80's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37456209672...Bk9SR560m_3bYQ
      agree that the unknown with this bike justifies caution. Price is a bit steep. I did however do a quick search on fleabay and found 4 tanks available. All for under 100.00. If he would make up his mind to accept far less he could easily sell that bike.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

I guess if he invested in the tank and lowered the asking price he would be in the ball park.

Comment

Working...
        X