1981 XS11 Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 XS11 Special

Located in southwest Pennsylvania. 17,389 miles. Overall very nice condition. I bought it as a parts bike, but it's far too nice for that.
    Missing tank and side panels. Pretty much everything else is there and in good shape. All electronics and lights work, it will need a battery though. I quickly cleaned the carbs, pod filters, master cylinders, and calipers. It fired right up, seems to run good, motor sounds quiet and tight. Brakes work and feel good. Has a clean PA title.
    Asking $1000 obo.

Last edited by Charka120; 02-24-2023, 12:57 PM.

I have more pics and a video of it running if anyone would like.

Comment

why can't we get these bargains in the UK

Comment

Good luck trying to find a tank for it.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
          Good luck trying to find a tank for it.
          thats one thing we do have a lot off !!!! always see them on UK ebay and even ive got a spare.

Comment

I have not seen them on E Bay for my 80 SG in a while. I'm surprised no one ever manufactured a plastic tank like the ones used on dirt bikes.
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
              I have not seen them on E Bay for my 80 SG in a while. I'm surprised no one ever manufactured a plastic tank like the ones used on dirt bikes.
              It's a matter of the arithmetic. There's probably $1.00 worth of plastic involved but several thousand in making the mold. Factor in how many you could expect to sell and you might be better off paying someone to bang one out of a sheet of metal.
              1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I worked for a company back in the middle 90's and we made plastic parts. We had a mold maker and I was responsible to mix the resins. Probably could fit something to make it work. It wouldn't look right but at least you could still ride.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Another choice would be to use a tank that's smaller than you need and build it up to the shape you wanted. I've seen some videos on how car panel mods are done by bonding foam onto the panels, shaping them down and covering it in fiberglass mat.
                  1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

their are 11 tanks on UK ebay right now and 7 are special tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post
                      their are 11 tanks on UK ebay right now and 7 are special tanks.
                      That's great for yous guys but they can't be shipped here unless you know a way around the regulations disallowing anything with potentially explosive fumes to be shipped abroad.
                      I just tried to purchase a used XJR tank for my upcoming project and ebay wouldn't put the order through. I really wish there was someway to get around this as we can ship tanks all over the country here.
                      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Schming;n872535]

That's great for yous guys but they can't be shipped here unless you know a way around the regulations disallowing anything with potentially explosive fumes to be shipped abroad.
                        I just tried to purchase a used XJR tank for my upcoming project and ebay wouldn't put the order through. I really wish there was someway to get around this as we can ship tanks all over the country here. Never mind reading comprehension is off
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

I have lots of tanks, but none for this bike. I'll throw a plastic mx tank on there if it helps with the sale.

Comment

Bump. $800obo. Somebody come buy this, I need shed space back lol

Comment

Working...
                            X