1980 xs 11 lh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 xs 11 lh

Down in southern MD. Anyone want a project? No exhaust. Been in my shed for a while I put a battery in it and it runs on carburetor cleaner but I haven't messed with it.
    any actual xs owners that want a project are welcome to it. If not, I'll part it out.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

What do the carbs look like? I'm assuming this is a Midnight Special. I would be willing to buy some of the gold parts from you if you decide to part it out.
    1981 Midnight Special
    Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
      What do the carbs look like? I'm assuming this is a Midnight Special. I would be willing to buy some of the gold parts from you if you decide to part it out.
      Haven't opened them up. Bike sat for several years.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Your first post has me and I suspect others confused. You state 1980 then use LH. Which is it? The LG was 1980 and of course LH was 1981. Do you have pictures of the bike that you can post?
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post
          Your first post has me and I suspect others confused. You state 1980 then use LH. Which is it? The LG was 1980 and of course LH was 1981. Do you have pictures of the bike that you can post?
          1980 lg . Never learned the sequence of the alphabet.
          I'm pretty far out of the way for most people. If anyone close is interested I'll send them pictures.
          It's not in terrible condition but it's at the back of my shop and don't feel like digging back there for pictures.

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

1980 lg . Never learned the sequence of the alphabet.
            I'm pretty far out of the way for most people. If anyone close is interested I'll send them pictures.
            It's not in terrible condition but it's at the back of my shop and don't feel like digging back there for pictures.
            You might be surprised about how far someone might travel to get their hands on an MNS. You have been around a while. Do you remember when one or our member BillyRok flew out west and drove the bike all the way back to New York. Pictures speak a thousand words.
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            Jim

Comment

C'mon guys GET REAL! Someone is offering to GIVE a bike away and you're wanting even more than free on return. Kinda reminds me of helping to serve a community meal for the homeless and having them complain about what's on the menu.
              1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I'm not wanting anything "free". I said I would be willing to buy the carbs if they look good. I just need the ones with the gold on the top, since some nimrod changed the carbs on mine out some time ago. I also would be interested in purchasing the seat, but it sounds like he's not talking about a Midnight Special.
                1981 Midnight Special
                Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                  C'mon guys GET REAL! Someone is offering to GIVE a bike away and you're wanting even more than free on return. Kinda reminds me of helping to serve a community meal for the homeless and having them complain about what's on the menu.
                  I would have it no problem but i'm a little way from him in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                    I agree, requesting more documentation for a free bike seems like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Related to your example, I volunteer for a food pantry and once in a while we are disheartened when someone complains about the quantity of food they receiving for free.
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
                      I'm not wanting anything "free". I said I would be willing to buy the carbs if they look good. I just need the ones with the gold on the top, since some nimrod changed the carbs on mine out some time ago. I also would be interested in purchasing the seat, but it sounds like he's not talking about a Midnight Special.
                      It most certainly is a midnight. Moreover, if you only want the covers, I have extra. Shoot me a pm with your address.
                      I have no issue with folks asking for more info but im not wasting my time with tire kickers. Lot's of folks with nothing better to do but surf the net, I get it. No problem, no offense taken in asking for clarification. Really, none at all, my mistake there.
                      Any XS owner that wants this is welcome to reach out via PM for more specifics. I have 3 of them and want some room in my shed for other intrests. This bike was bought for the pipes and I'm keeping them. Just wanted to offer it up to an actual XS owner, not some douch that will take it and try to make $$ on Ebay. It has a Maryland title...

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

If I were closer I would at minimum come to take a look at it. My messages above were in no way meant to cause you any extra work. Honestly, I missed that you were giving it away to someone truly interested in it as a project. Even more reason if I were closer to you that I would probably take it. I think there may be someone around that would if they could see the bike as it sits right now. Do you know how many miles are on it? Hopefully someone that wants to restore one will show up.
                        Last edited by cajun31; 02-01-2023, 01:12 PM.
                        81 LH
                        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                        Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X