81 standard, 79 special, boxes of parts - all for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 standard, 79 special, boxes of parts - all for sale

I haven't touched either of my XS11's in about a year now. I have tons of stuff, located near Carson City Nevada. Would like to see it all go to someone here on the Forum rather than posting it on facebook or whatever.
    I would strongly prefer to sell 'everything' to a single purchaser and will discount accordingly. Might be willing to deliver or meet somewhere within reason. Open to offers and possible trades for other man toys. Both bikes have clean clear title in my name.

81 Standard - its been lowered about 2 inches so my wife could reach the ground. Ran 1 year ago with leaky floats, will need a new battery, carb cleaning, and rear master cylinder rebuilt to be dependable again. For the right price I might be willing to do this work (or help you do it). This bike has the 'hard to find' in the USA Venture Tank. Tank is solid but the paint is in bad shape.

79 Special with standard tank/seat/rear tire. Engine is siezed. Also has XS850 Kicker installed, TC fuse box, rear rack, High performance clutch with ALTO frictions & extra steel/fiber for no slip and standard pull. Other stuff I don't remember. This was my daily driver for ages.

I have boxes of parts to go with - highlights - full carb rack, CDI box, king/queen seat, 80's style fiberglass top box, Vetter fairing with mounting bracket, wiring, & lowers, whole complete Engine, rear wheel bearings, CNC'd cam end plugs, billet starter buttons (3), rough but usable stock exhaust system - would be good on a daily driver maybe.

I have no idea what the 'market' is like, other than seeing what I believe to be insane prices on facebook. I think everything is worth maybe 2000 as a package deal, but as I said I'm open to offers and/or trades if you don't agree. Mostly want to see this stuff gone.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

FWIW: '81 Standard = XS1100H = Venturer.

Makes sense it would have a Venturer tank.

Good luck with the sale- Your pricing seems attractive to me.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Guess no one here is interested - I'm gonna put this up on facebook next (lord how I despise trying to sell stuff on facebook.....)
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Bumping this back up. I'm open to offers, and willing to deliver or meet you part way.
        1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
        [link is broken]

Comment

1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
            [link is broken]

Comment

Do you still have any windshield, top trunk, 4 into 2 or 4 into 1 exhaust?

Comment

Hi Psycho reefer,,,havent seen you since the LoHO california rally way back when,,,anyway could use a set of pickup coils off one of the engines, if you stil have the parts, Mike in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
                  Hi Psycho reefer,,,havent seen you since the LoHO california rally way back when,,,anyway could use a set of pickup coils off one of the engines, if you stil have the parts, Mike in San Diego
                  sorry I didn't see this sooner. If you want the pickups off the siezed engine they are all yours.
                  1979 xs1100 Special -

My Bike:
                  [link is broken]

Comment

Thanks Psychoreefer, most dont know your handle is from the aquariums,,,anyyway I sent p.m. hope it went through with address, if not here is the info,,,,,Mike Serrin, 1102 San Pablo Drive, San Marcos, Ca 92078,,will send you some bucks when the pickups get here, thanks again,,,,Mike aka Socer4m

Comment

Originally posted by Socer4m View Post
                      ....Thanks Psychoreefer, most dont know your handle is from the aquariums...
                      Socer4m! You ruined my imaginary stereotype- I was thinking tie-dyed t-shirt.

-Mike
                      _________
                      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Working...
                      X