79 XS1100 Special For Sale St. Paul, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS1100 Special For Sale St. Paul, MN

We're moving to the Lake of the Ozarks and before I put the bike up on Market Place, I wanted to offer it here first. It's in excellent shape, with a few opportunities for improvement, which I'll try to show and go over here. What sets the bike apart, I just went over 4,000 miles this past Easter weekend. It runs strong, starts strong and even has original brakes. I'd love to get it in show condition, but now I'm all about buying a boat and purchasing a dock as we transition back to MO.
    The bike comes with two manuals, the original tool kit with dipstick and even though they are off in the photos, I do have the pegs for the passenger and the kick starter to go along with the title. Added new tires last fall, otherwise, I've only added elbow grease in cleaning/polishing up the bike. As for opportunities for improvement, there are a few dings on the tank, very small, about the size of a small marble and a chip as well. I took some of the gray paint off the rear wheel as well when I took the bike to a power wash and the end of the exhaust some of the black paint has worn too. The right side exhaust also has a hole, which appears to be something I've seen on other XS11's as well. As for price...I feel $2,700 is a very fair ask for the bike as I'm pricing to sell.
    Any questions, feel free to reach out. By the way...this bike has no leaks.

Last edited by WickedGil; 04-05-2021, 04:45 PM.

Amazing to see your bike completely stock in such nice condition with such low miles.

I want it but I have one already.

Good luck with the sale and the big move to MO.

-Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
      Amazing to see your bike completely stock in such nice condition with such low miles.

I want it but I have one already.

Good luck with the sale and the big move to MO.

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

Comment

Beautiful Example of a '79 Special. Very clean.

I would love to purchase it but I am in the middle of a restoration on an '80 Special (SG). Mine is not a numbers matching Resto though. bought it at an estate sale, a mish-mash of parts; '79 engine, Standard front end and an extra engine that was seized and looked like it was drug from a river. I have about a year of work into mine with an eight year pause in the middle.

Best of luck on that beauty.

Peace, Wolf
        80 SG
        81 Midnight Special (R.I.P.)

Comment

Working...
        X