1980 XS1100SG "Phoenix" for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 XS1100SG "Phoenix" for sale

I've owned this bike for 21 years and now it's time to let it go. Asking $1500 Canadian funds. It has 90,115 kilometres on it. Lots of upgrades. I have lots of extras to go with it. It's in great running shape and needs nothing to be road ready.

Thanks
    Wayne Reddin
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Sad to see you selling Phoenix. I know you put a lot of effort into the original restoration and have looked after this fine example for many years.

Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Sad to see you selling Phoenix. I know you put a lot of effort into the original restoration and have looked after this fine example for many years.

Phil
      I hate to let it go too Phil. Its just things have changed in life and my bike is not being ridden anymore so why not let it go to a good home.
      Wayne
      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
      Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

1500 Canadian, is that like 50 us?
        Will you deliver
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

Probably a tough decision for you Wayne. Hope things are going well for you otherwise.
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

Hi Wayne Hope y'all are well...It is sad to see...It is a fine XS11 and someone will be very fortunate to have it...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
              1500 Canadian, is that like 50 us?
              Will you deliver
              Funny Guy!!!
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                Probably a tough decision for you Wayne. Hope things are going well for you otherwise.
                Hey Dean,
                Yes it is a tough decision. One that I've been mulling over for a few years now. I haven't really done much riding since Ken was killed. When we last saw each other was the 2015 rally in New York. That was the last big ride I've done. My brother in law wanted to buy it but he can't come up with the money, that's why I'm posting it so late in the year. I've had a back problem since 2008 and it's progressively gotten worse, that's stopping my from riding too.

Hope you are well Dean
                80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Hi Wayne Hope y'all are well...It is sad to see...It is a fine XS11 and someone will be very fortunate to have it...
                  Hi BNE,
                  It's in great shape. I have spent a long time customising and upgrading. It's definitely been a great ride and great time hanging out with all of you over the years. I've made some really great and close friends through this bike. I loved attending the rallies

Take care Ben
                  Wayne
                  80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

I SOOOO WISH you were here in the USA and closer to Georgia.

I'd have handed you money ALREADY.

Comment

I appreciate that. I wish I had of sold it to a member of the XS group. I did sell it by the way. The guy picked it up last Saturday. Really tough to see it go.

Wayne
                      80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Unfortunately we will all face this day. I don't ride nearly as much as I used to with all the texting and driving etc... but I still like to go out and pull the covers off of my bikes and stand back and admire them. I always think that if something should ever happen to me my daughters wouldn't know what to do with my bikes. I plan to leave instructions for them to make sure to sell them to folks that will appreciate them for what they are and not sell them to anyone wanting to chop them up. Who knows ... maybe this cafe fad will end by then.
                        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                        81 LH
                        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post
                          Unfortunately we will all face this day. I don't ride nearly as much as I used to with all the texting and driving etc... but I still like to go out and pull the covers off of my bikes and stand back and admire them. I always think that if something should ever happen to me my daughters wouldn't know what to do with my bikes. I plan to leave instructions for them to make sure to sell them to folks that will appreciate them for what they are and not sell them to anyone wanting to chop them up. Who knows ... maybe this cafe fad will end by then.
                          Hi Cajun31,
                          It’s been a great run. I’ve had my bike 21 years so there was lots of looking and admiring. I wasn’t riding at all so it was hard just letting it sit here and go to waste. It took a lot of soul searching to finally let it go, I’ve worked very hard on it over the past 20 years and it was a tough decision.

Wayne
                          80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
                          X