Price Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Question

I have 3 '79 XS 1100's. One has an engine problem. One has a transmission problem and one (a special) is just torn down and the frame painted a nice deep purple. 2 of the bikes are mostly together. I took the engine out of one thinking it was the bad engine but I believe I was wrong. All the parts are there and I figure someone can get at least 2 whole bikes from the lot. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what they are worth? Thanks

Ed
    79 XS11 SF and parts bikes

Hopefully these other guys that have more experience can throw a number at you to give you a general idea so you can list the whole lot on craigslist or facebook marketplace and see if there are any takers.

I have no idea. And I think it'd be hard to find a buyer for the whole lot, but I could be wrong. I would get the two bikes running and sell them, then you can easily check market value for them in you area. Part out everything else on the other one that is in decent condition here and on eBay.
    1980 XS1100SG
    1998 KLR 650

Comment

What's an XS 11 Worth?

epower57,

Honestly, I own five(5) XS11's of various years. The most I have paid for ANY one of them was $500 and it was running (with a transmission issue - 2nd Gear). The LEAST I have ever paid was $100 (a parts bike).

The '79 is a more popular motor and some prefer the look of the '79 vs. the 80/81.

What you have is three non-runners and the "Nice Purple" may not be too popular, certainly not with a person wanting to "restore" a bike.

Without photos, it's kind of a guess (but an educated guess).....Sight unseen I'd say they're worth about $250 each or a grand total of $750 for the lot. If you have a TITLE for them.... ADD $200 to each COMPLETE bike that has a CLEAR TITLE.

Sorry if you were expecting more but that's my well educated guess without photos.

KURT

P.S. Coincidentally, the bike I paid $500 was Freaky PURPLE when I purchased it with a clear North Carolina Title..... Needless to say it is no longer purple.
      Last edited by kboehringer; 05-10-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: added P.S.
      Kurt Boehringer
      Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
      1978 - SR500 - Thumper
      1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
      1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
      1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
      1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
      1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
      1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
      1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
      1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
      1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
      1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
      2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the answers. I really didn't know what to expect for price so not disappointed in the least.
        79 XS11 SF and parts bikes

Comment

Working...
        X