79 XS11SF for Sale - New Orleans, La.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS11SF for Sale - New Orleans, La.

Don't Wanna do it but I must sell my nice old machine. I am almost 70 now and I just no longer have the drive to keep the machine up properly. The main reason I am selling it is because it has no spark and I just do not want to chase electrical gremlins around anymore. It is probably something simple but it is over my head. I have been a member of this forum a long time and I do not want the machine to just waste away so I want to offer it to the members here before I just sell it outright.

42,042 actual original miles and I am the third owner. I have owned the machine since 1986. Total Frame off refurbish in 2009 and I have records of everything including pictures. Bike was set up as a roadster to take advantage of all the beautiful south Louisiana bayou roads.

Cylinder heads have been ported and CC'd and valves have 30 deg. back cut.
    Kibblewhite valve springs set to 1.235' installed height.
    Manually adjustable cam chain tensioner
    MAC 4 into 1 header with 1.75" straight through baffle. In good shape but can use re-coating on the outside. Inside ceramic coating still good..
    Metzler Lasertec front and rear tires.
    Braided Stainless brake lines front and rear.
    Vesrah brake pads and drilled rotors.
    Progressive front fork springs.
    TKAT fork brace and 7-position steering damper.
    Dynatek DCI-1, 3 ohm coils with Accel 8.8mm stainless plug wires.
    Keihin 36mm carb upgrade from a Kawasaki ZRX 1100 with vacuum advance modification and rejetting.
    Mikes XS individual air filters.
    EBC heavy duty clutch and springs.
    2nd and 5th gear fixes.
    Custom black lacquer with Gold micro flake paint. Ghost flames and carbon fiber motif on tank, front fender and front of the wind screen.
    Bug screen windshield, Honda handlebars - shot filled and billet Pro-grip aluminum front grips.
    All the motor cover screws are stainless steel and all aluminum is polished (needs some elbow grease and some Mothers though).

Plenty of extras come along with the bike including two Clymer manuals, the original carbs, a toolbox with plenty of parts, screws and gaskets, balancing gauges (real gauges, not those mercury sticks), some special tools and a bunch of other stuff. I also have a degree wheel, slotted cam sprockets that I will throw in. I took the slotted sprockets out awhile back but I do have the cam profile for the best settings if you want to tinker with cam timing.

This bike needs the ignition fixed and a little polishing and TLC.

I'll sell it to anyone who wants it for a reasonable price and you would have to pick it up here in the New Orleans area. I have a clear title and will sell the bike as is.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send current pictures since I cannot seem to post a picture anymore. Also, I'll send other stuff for you to see to make a good decision.

BTW, if you look at the top of this page, the 2nd bike in from the right is this one before the 2009 refurbish. Its famous !!
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.
Working...
X