1981 XS1100 for sale - Indianapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 XS1100 for sale - Indianapolis

Hi guys and thanks for reading (posting for hubby).
    I'm offering my 1981 XS-1100 Special for sale, $600.00 or best offer. It has 14,000 miles on it and I bought it with a plan in mind, but I had to change those plans recently.
    The engine is sound, will run when the carbs are cleaned, and a new battery replaced. Tires need replacing and there is a tear in the seat. Up until 2014 it was a daily driver and has been sitting in our garage for 4 years. We did charge it last year and run periodically over the summer. And today when we pushed it outside we noticed the brakes have seized a little after sitting so long.
    It is the original article (frame and motor numbers match) but it had been in long-term storage, while there, it was wrapped in pallet-wrap but something was dropped on it from above. As a result the tank has several scratches and minor dents in the top side. I purchased the bike that way with the intention of fixing the tank - but rode the bike anyway and never got around to taking care of the tank.
    I hope it's okay but I will link to our dropbox account, the pictures from today and pictures from 2014 - there is a video from 2014 as well.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xg5vaj9q9...fH6rpFzaa?dl=0
    If interested, please email us at neilmartha@outlook.com
    Last edited by Jinxie; 11-14-2018, 05:26 PM.

Damn nice looking bike. Wish Iwas closer.
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Appreciate it.

Thank you so much! We enjoyed the bike but about 4 years ago - hubby's arthritis in his hands just made it too hard to ride anymore. We kept it around hoping he'd be able to ride it again but he has finally decided to let her go.

He loves this site - although he is not on it much - he is sitting beside me when I'm browsing. He use to be really active back in the day though. Special place here. Thanks again.

Comment

The bike has been sold.

I feel kinda of stupid but I can't figure out how to remove the original for sale post. HELP!

Comment

you dont remove it..its part of the permanent public record...congrats on getting it sold......
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks so much! We did refer the new owner to the site! She was on top of stuff.. her her way around a bike. I want to be her when I grow up. HA!

Comment

Working...
            X