Naked venturer in Colo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked venturer in Colo.

Looks like its missing side covers too...
    https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...700450531.html
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

…...yup, also missing original air-box and bars have been changed amongst who knows what all else.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Several yrs ago there was a similar naked Venturer that had side covers..and obviously the headlight conversion..alot of effort to do that...why didnt they just get a std model?
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Are those special pipes? Or did they have special pipes on the 81 standard?
        79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
        80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
        80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
        79 DT 100

Comment

Yes, the Venturer had Special exhaust.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            Several yrs ago there was a similar naked Venturer that had side covers..and obviously the headlight conversion..alot of effort to do that...why didnt they just get a std model?
            That WAS the std. model for 1981...….Venturer 1100, and I remember that one well, set up naked and in Venturer form.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              That WAS the std. model for 1981...….Venturer 1100, and I remember that one well, set up naked and in Venturer form.
              what i meant was why didnt they just get a standard model from a different year?...dont make sense to me..but theres alot of really effed up bikes out there forsale...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I think what he was saying was they didn’t all come as venture models. That was the Xs11 standard for that year also. Not everyone got the bag and windshield version. I’d just like the big tank and maybe some hard bags that I could put on if I needed them! I don’t think I’ve ever even rode a windshield bike. They always got ripped off as soon as I got them home. Lol
                But yeah, that does look all kinds of messed up.
                Last edited by xs11lover; 10-21-2018, 11:15 AM.
                79 DT 100

Comment

Oh ok I see now..the bike i posted looks messed up that seat looks like crap and its missing side covers...otherwise it isnt a bad looking naked venturer...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    Oh ok I see now..the bike i posted looks messed up that seat looks like crap and its missing side covers...otherwise it isnt a bad looking naked venturer...
                    Well, the seat you eluded to IS the original Venturer seat.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Well, the seat you eluded to IS the original Venturer seat.
                      That it may be but it looks.like it was poorly recovered
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It looks like the pan is missing, and so are the rear turn signals, the fork ears are upside down and ya gotta love those duct tape side covers. hey it’s got some nice pod filters. But they are all simple things to fix.
                        79 DT 100

Comment

I just knew it didnt look right, it looks like they just laid the seat cover on there...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                          X