Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free: 1978 xs11 for parts or to restore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free: 1978 xs11 for parts or to restore.

free 1979 xs11, has grey tank which i bought in 1995. Bike has been sitting 15 years. Frame, motor intact. Kept in garage for 10 years, then needed room so parked in yard under tarp. This year branch of tree fell, knocking it over, quicksilver fairing cracked. I realize I'll never ride it again, as arthritis in my knees (won't bend to 90 degrees without pain). I don't want to just junk it because even in the 90's I remember how hard it was to get parts. I had stopped riding when I got divorced, had to park it at a friends house, and just never got to ride again. Now I can't, but hope someone will. It will have to be picked up because by now the carbs are probably gummy and need to be cleaned, etc.. I also have a whole footlocker of extra parts, an engine with a broken mount, and two extra wheels, all collected when I put this bike together from parts in 1993. Email DLBERGMANN@YAHOO.COM or Call Don 973 594 0801 Union NJ. I used all caps because of the 'L' which people mistake for an 'eye'.
    Last edited by dlbergmann; 06-14-2015, 11:32 PM.
    78 E "Free to good home"

Hey Gordon !!!

It's another in your back yard
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I will give it a shot!

John

Yes that's too close to pass I will shoot an email tonight. Now that Bobs bike is done and he is riding the heck out of it. Its time for a new project!
      Email has been sent!

Gordon
      Last edited by Eastcoaster; 06-15-2015, 04:29 PM.
      82 XJ1100J
      81 Venturer
      Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Received email. Found it in spam folder. thx.
        Last edited by dlbergmann; 06-16-2015, 05:03 AM.
        78 E "Free to good home"

Comment

free

That was nice of you to give bike away.Lot of good xs lovers here.And you got to give to fellowN.J. guy.Have a nice Day.!!!
          1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
          2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Don sent me an email looks like we may be a go. It ook a good hit from a tree but I will put it back together. From the pix under a tarp on its side it looks like an 80 standard? Could just be tank change we shall see

I am in Jersey City 2 days a week right now an easy pick up keep all posted hope to save it
            82 XJ1100J
            81 Venturer
            Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

So you got yourself a birthday present didn't you? Beats opening up something you don't what or can't use. Hope you had a good day and good luck with the project!
              Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Carbs

I need a number 2 carb..........
                Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
                1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Comment

Working...
                X