Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS special in Ft Worth TX

79 XS special in Ft Worth TX.

Bike was bought about a year and a half ago with the intention of fixing up to ride. Obviously that didn't happen as I'm listing it here lol. I have the carb rebuild kits and petcock rebuild kits on hand. It's missing a few plastics and timing cover. I got this while stationed Florida and during the move I lost the origa all title. I never got it transferred to me because at the time it wasn't running well and I wasn't worried about it. I moved to Texas and figured it was time to get it titled and can't find it. I'm still looking and hopeful but just want to be upfront. I will edit this if I come across it. In the mean time I would like to get $750 or trade (guns/gun parts/ammo). I'm flexible so if you make a reasonable offer I'll defintely consider it. I can be emailed at southgarebelec05@hotmail.com or texted @229/366/2428. I'll send pictures at request because I can't figure out how to load them from my phone.
    79 SF

Ad with pic

Here is my ad with a pic. Ad says 1000 but on here I'm asking for 750 because I know it's going to a good home. http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/4943061559.html
    79 SF

Comment

Hi, Chris -

Based on this photo, and on your descriptions both here and in your ad ...

I think you're going to have great difficulty finding someone who will pay $750.00 for the bike in it's current non-running condition.

What's the mileage?
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

The odo reads 9578.6. I don't know if that's original or if it rolled over. I don't want to screw anyone over but i also want to attempt prevent it from being a total loss on my end. I'm definitely flexible. What seems like a reasonable amount for both buyer and seller?
        79 SF

Comment

Well,

If that is indeed the original mileage and hasn't rolled over ... then your bike is a very low-mileage example.

But generally speaking, "non-runner" examples of XS11's don't bring more than $500.00 at best ...

Especially if they are missing some bits and have non-original parts (like the exhaust).
          Marco

Current bikes:
          1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
          1979 Honda CBX
          2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
          WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
          X