SG in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG in Ohio

I'm home sick and goofing off today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This looks like a premium bike and the price reflects that. It might prove reasonable.

1980 Yamaha XS1100 Eleven Special Low Miles - $2900 (Johnstown)

I have a 1980 Yamaha XS1100 Elevan Special. It has just over 13,000 miles. It's a very clean motorcycle. I went through all four carbs. and cleaned them. I took the bike to a professional, and had the carbs. synchronized. It has new brakes. I flushed the brake lines. I changed all the fluids, and filter on the bike. Everything works as it should. The tires have good tread. The motor is 1100 cc. I'm not sure if the seat is factory, but it is in excellent condition. The paint still shines.
    You can Email, call, or text me at show contact info
    Thanks
    Sean
    I do not need help selling this motorcycle.
    $2900
    Exhaust condition would be make or break for me.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Seat

To bad there aren't better pictures in the ad, it's hard to tell from the one whether the header pipes are discolored. Doubt if it will be sold very quickly considering the time of year, high price and that seat.

Comment

There is some likelihood that that bike came from the dealer with that seat on it. I remember trying to negotiate the purchase of a new XS650 the dealer had with one of those seats on it. I didn't like it and they wouldn't swap it for a stock one. I bought my bike someplace else.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        There is some likelihood that that bike came from the dealer with that seat on it. I remember trying to negotiate the purchase of a new XS650 the dealer had with one of those seats on it. I didn't like it and they wouldn't swap it for a stock one. I bought my bike someplace else.
        Hi Marty, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't like that seat either....but some people love them. I bet the dealer did not like it either and saw no way of moving it unattached to the bike
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I don't know, Phil. I remember those seats as being extremely popular. Then again, I could be suffering from a faulty memory.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Seat

Marty I am fairly certain you are correct on the banana seat being a dealer installed optional seat. I can remember seeing one on a MNS at a dealer back in 1980. There is nothing wrong with it other than it is not one I care for, reminds me of a bicycle I had back in 1965. I was looking a bit more closely at the picture and it looks as if the carbs have been leaking at some point.

Comment

not a bad example...maybe a little overpriced...The exhaust header I see in the pic looks discolored...never sat on one of those seats.so dont know if it would be comfortable or not....
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Nice bike but I agree to much $.
                Had one of these seats on a 650, took it off, pushed me forward way to far and left no room for me to move around on it during longer rides.
                One of these came with my SF RocknRoll, many of these specialty seats are very heavy, much more weight than stock. These as called banana seats are the heaviest.

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                not a bad example...maybe a little overpriced...The exhaust header I see in the pic looks discolored...never sat on one of those seats.so dont know if it would be comfortable or not....
                76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                80 XS650 G Special II
                https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                80 XS 1100 SG
                81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Working...
                X