bikes and wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bikes and wills

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.
    I've never created a will, and am putting a few thoughts together:
    "Regarding my 1980 Yamaha XS1100 motorcycle. I would like it to be posted and sold to someone on the xs11.com website, so that it would go to someone who will appreciate and care for this great bike. I would like to donate the many boxes of XS1100 parts, more than a complete bike's worth, to xs11.com in appreciation."
    Question is, just how to go about doing this. Such as, would a contact person here be needed? and just who might that be?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Unfortunately, if you're going to have a will, you definitely should have a lawyer do it for you. After that, the rest is pretty easy. You have to choose an executor to make sure your wishes are met. Surely, that person is near you, right. Otherwise, you'd move down here.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Whoever would have power of attorney over your affairs would need to post it in the for sale section. If you trust them with POA then you could certainly trust them with your .com user name and password and it could be posted for sale in your name.

Donation of parts could be done in a similar way.

My $.02
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
      X