• Looks like a Venturer cheap!

wonder why the tank is different though

https://sd.craigslist.org/mcy/4611628456.html
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

10,793 actual miles
    Fully dressed
    Good condition
    Fully dressed, except for the lowers. Good condition except for 30 years of corrosion from sitting in a dirt barn.

Last edited by jetmechmarty; 08-14-2014, 07:09 PM.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

Fully dressed, except for the lowers. Good condition except for 30 years of corrosion from sitting in a dirt barn.

he got the white out...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
        he got the white out...
        I guess I didn't realize the white was universal.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

https://sd.craigslist.org/mcy/4611628456.html
          Well.......cause it's an 80Standard tank.........and the seat stitching is NOT correct for 81Venturer.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

.....also missin' the original bar-clamp ignition switch cover........but hey, the mirrors are original to that model, as is everything else.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

so its a frankenventurer with 30 years worth of crud on it
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

so its a frankenventurer with 30 years worth of crud on it
                No......they were frankinbikes from their conception........and a pressure washer will solve the rest.

Comment

Damn Ben.......your strikin' out so far..........better buy one so's you can know all their wierdness...........you know U want to....a turn-key one.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    Damn Ben.......your strikin' out so far..........better buy one so's you can know all their wierdness...........you know U want to....a turn-key one.
                    been strikin out for yrs when it comes to the Venturer...money and timing plus location have never aligned to get 'er done...Now i have only one bike going into semi-retirement...doubt i could afford one if i did find one to buy...
                    Thats kind of why I bought a Venturer fairing...its a project but Swampthing is already a bagger...just need to put on his topcoat and it will look something like a Venturer. But as usual theres no easy way to do it...fairing needs full restoration and paint
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X