78e taking offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78e taking offers

Ill get some more photos soon, 78e runs good I have gone through and fixed all the kinks, only running issue is the when downshifting the exhuast wi pop a little but it's the mixture set on the inner two carbs, doesn't effect driving. Has jet kit, open pod k&n's, larger round headlight, I have a spare parts box which includes the lower speed guage set, factory turn signals(new) extra alternator coil, complete carb set(needs work), few bits and pieces. Also have some harley chrome pipes I was going to install.

Bike is in fredericksburg, va and is driven almost everyday the weather permits. I would trust this bike to go anywhere. I just had it at east coast sturggis last month. Only flaws are minor paint blemishes but the previous owner had the tank airbrushed and its not my style anyway, and the fuel guage stopped on me.

Make an offer I'm curious to see the posts, I have had fun on it but truly it's not my style. I will not give it away though, if she is here through winter I'm repainting, new bars, and blacked out the rest of the way.
    Miles are 22k

78 E

78 E

Comment

The valve shims were done 1100 miles ago as we'll as carb clean all fluids are less than 400 miles. Within the last 100 all brakes were torn down and cleaned with all new fluid, battery is 2 months old and I have another new battery on tender that can go.
      78 E

Comment

Since there's no interest can I at least have some ideas what you guys think its worth.... Charging system is replaced all from Andreas, I resided the fuse panel to new style fuses, everything works only flaws are minor blemishes on right side tank, rust only on the nut above the steering head and minor dots on frot fender, I have 6 original turn signals, two front brake masters with handle, new fork seals, rear brake cylinder, handful of random pieces from other bikes in a box. Trans fix was done 1000 miles ago, exhuast is kerker duals, this bike can easily go thousands of miles before any work is needed, minus maintanence, which is done within 1000 miles
        78 E

Comment

A little touch up on the nicks, loosen the bolt that clamps the triple tree lock, take that bolt out put it on a wire wheel, paint it black.

I bet $1800, low miles lots of mods maybe $2000 ?

What do you want for it ?
          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
          80 XS650 G Special II
          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
          80 XS 1100 SG
          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

looks like it is in good shape.
            I dont see any turn signals.
            nice graphics but not my taste.
            Looks like you may have the "BIG TANK" !!!

I'd say cover the graphics with a black leather tank protector or tank bag etc
            put some drag bars or clip ons and call it a cafe racer.

sell it for the most you can (or keep it)
            sell your spare parts here or on e bay separately
            nice bike. good luck what ever you decide to do.
            Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
            1979 XS 1100 SF

Comment

Working...
            X