Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 and 1979 for sale in New Mexico

Hi,
    Two red bikes for sale in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'm starting my pottery business again in the garage and sense a contradiction between engine work and airborne alumino-silicates ...

1980 Special is complete and in perfect riding shape - new tires, new battery, head redone by a local prof'l, 2nd gear fixed, tank scoured out and rust-free. When I had it apart, I even got the cases powder coated. Listing it for $1600 on craigslist to balance hassles. For XS11 member, $1300.

1979 Special (maybe? - might be side covers from some other bike) - new tires, newer battery, tank clean, 2nd gear fixed. This baby roars like a lion a time or two, then keeps roaring - I think a slide is sticking, because the propane test reveals no vacuum leaks and it behaves again once you kill it and restart. Very ridable as long as you like lions. $1100 for XS11.com folk. I have pots to make and don't want to take those carbs off again to unstick the slide.

Buy either and take your pick of other parts lying about from a 1980 hulk engine - starter, alternator, side covers, etc.
    Jeff
    jefflawr (at) gmail dot com is probably best way to connect
    teléfono is five oh five six six oh 3 six 4 2
    Jeff
    80 XS1100G - running great
    79 XS1100F - sticky slide awaiting attention
    84 V30 Magna - too small for my long legs

Santa Fe!

Hey Jeff,

The bikes sound good. I'd like to take three weeks off of work, fly to SF, buy one of your bikes, visit my alma mater (St. John's College, on what were the outskirts of Santa Fe back in the early '80s), and then take a slow moto-stroll back to the Garden State. But that's not going to happen.

Glad to see that pottery and muscle bikes are still going strong in the city different.

Jon
    Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
    mods to come

Comment

Working...
    X