Vintage 1979 XS1100SF Special Only 3,845 Original Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 1979 XS1100SF Special Only 3,845 Original Miles

Just wanted to let every one know it's time to sell one of my bikes,, it's listed on ebay,, mint 1979 XS1100SF w/3,845 Original Miles check it out,, Item number is: 310686552229
    80 XS1100LG Midnight Special 7k miles
    New 80 XS1100LG Midnight Special 2.6 miles
    KLR650 6k miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vinta...orcev4exp=true
    careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

That is a sweet bike!
      Jeff
      77 XS750 2D completely stock
      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Hi Indy, glad ya posted here, if nothing else we get to drool over this fine example of a bike. Hope it finds a good home.
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

79sf

Now that is what a Special is supposed to look like. I like it!

MP
          1981 XS1100H Venturer
          K&N Air Filter
          ACCT
          Custom Paint by Deitz
          Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
          Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
          Stebel Nautilus Horn
          EBC Front Rotors
          Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

very nice

I hate to see a nice one like that go to anyone that isn't a XS Lover.
            Looks just like mine but I have a kerker.
            79 SF

Comment

$4,550 CHA CHING.....
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

did that bike actually sell for that?!!?? Someone had more money than sense. Guess it must have been a collector who will never put a mile on it.
                Jeff

Comment

It doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. It's practically a new bike. If you buy a bike for $1K, what will you have in it by time everything is working properly? It will probably still be ugly, too! If someone wanted a nice XS1100SF, that was money well spent.

Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Its nice but I wouldn't do it. I bought mine for $500 and am happy with it. I have about $575 in it now. I guess if I put another $2000 in it, it would look just like that one with just a few more miles. I really love the xs but if I was going to spend bigger money than $1000 I would buy a FJ1100 or FJ1200. I love those bikes. I did look these bikes up on the blue book and they are up there if in mint, but I think good only drops it a few hundred so I guess they are worth money. If someone did put that much into it, they would be crazy to ride it even 5 miles.
                    Jeff

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                      It doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. It's practically a new bike. If you buy a bike for $1K, what will you have in it by time everything is working properly? It will probably still be ugly, too! If someone wanted a nice XS1100SF, that was money well spent.

Buyer definitely set a new value precedent on this one. No doubt that it is rare with <4K miles. All he will need to do to this one is pull up a chair and listen to it rust.

MP
                      1981 XS1100H Venturer
                      K&N Air Filter
                      ACCT
                      Custom Paint by Deitz
                      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                      Stebel Nautilus Horn
                      EBC Front Rotors
                      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Ok....

So which one of us bought it?

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Sorry I haven’t got back here sooner,,
                          Thanks for the nice comments everyone
                          The day before the auction ended a guy drove from Ohio
                          to test drive it & he love it! He has 8 different bikes, a few mint Yamaha xs650’s
                          and was looking for a clean 1100 for his girlfriend & he wanted it and won it,
                          It is a nice bike, haven’t missed it yet,, still have my 80 midnight special I restored which I drive.
                          And my New Yes “NEW” 80 midnight special with 2.6 miles on it with serial number 4H3000008
                          Which I do plan to sell if the price is right!
                          Later,, Chris
                          80 XS1100LG Midnight Special 7k miles
                          New 80 XS1100LG Midnight Special 2.6 miles
                          KLR650 6k miles

Comment

A really fine example commands the big bucks as is the case here....while most here are cheap azzes I think most everybody would agree that we like to see these bikes have a higher resale value...doesnt hurt
                            I find it interesting that some folks on here trying to sell their bike cant seem to garner any interest at all...certainly not on this site nor locally through craigslist...theres nothing wrong with the bike...but I'm wondering about you ebay experience...and it would seem to me that when nothing would work ebay might...some folks dont want to pay the seller's fees...would you say it was worthwhile to go this route? It certainly seems so...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                            X