Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken down 79 XS1100 Special For Sale

Hey all!

I acquired a '79 XS1100 Special from a buddy several years back with no title. I had it looked at in a shop here in Columbus and never moved on the wiring and carb work needed to get it going.

I went through the process for a salvage title in columbus, but was rejected due to having "no receipt" from my buddy. Now, I am engaged and moving and need to sell the bike.

I have been asking and getting bites for around $400 (what I have in it.) Let me know if you're interested and we'll go from there!
    79 SF

Originally posted by sgoslin View Post
    Hey all!

I acquired a '79 XS1100 Special from a buddy several years back with no title. I had it looked at in a shop here in Columbus and never moved on the wiring and carb work needed to get it going.

I went through the process for a salvage title in columbus, but was rejected due to having "no receipt" from my buddy. Now, I am engaged and moving and need to sell the bike.

I have been asking and getting bites for around $400 (what I have in it.) Let me know if you're interested and we'll go from there!
    Honestly, take the $400 and run because its not worth anything more than that without a title and needing work IMO. I'd be surprised if anyone on here thinks its worth more. GL with your sale.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I went to see this bike last week. It has a 4-2 with turnouts that looked to be in pretty good shape. The tank looked pretty good from the outside, but I didn't look inside. The instrument cluster needs paint, but IIRC, looks good. Side covers were on it.

Considering no title, it should make a decent parts bike.
      82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
      Website/Blog

Comment

thanks for the replies gentlemen.

i'm looking for an offer, and would like to clear $400! but have to move it soon. I can even set up the delivery, and am more than willing to sign a notarized bill of sale...

sg.
        79 SF

Comment

Have you tracked down the current titled owner? How far back in owners and or time to get to the last titled owner?

In Ohio, as you have discovered, registering a bike with no title is no easy task if it can be done at all. I'm looking for a new project, but not a parts bike or a garage ornament.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Sent you a pm.
            85 XJ700

Comment

do you have the carbs? willing to sell those?
              79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
              1976cb750 project gifted to brother
              1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Comment

Working...
              X