Anyone recgonize this bike? Whitneypoint NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recgonize this bike? Whitneypoint NY

I saw this bike on here before but cant remember who's it is... does anyone know the owner? Im almost certain he is a member... nice bike.

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/mcy/3754585009.html
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Whose bike?

Do not know the po. Messaged the current owner. He is asking $1900. A little much for my thinking. Has 53K miles. I do not think that the seat is correct. Says it is all stock other than fairing and trunk. Also has hard cases that have not been mounted.

MP
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

MP, that seat is correct. It is just the king/queen version of the seat.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I had a seat like that. Thought it came in 79 but I am likely wrong. He has 80 front rotor. Rear shocks replaced and missing reflectors? Mirrors aftermarket. Bars seem flatter than buckhorns.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

That seat is not the King/Queen seat but it is a touring seat I believe from '79. They are very comfortable without the ugliness of the K/Q seat. The bike looks like its well taken care of and has some good upgrades. Not stock by any means.
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Sure looks like all the other k/q seat I have seen on the 78/79 standard xs's.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
              Sure looks like all the other k/q seat I have seen on the 78/79 standard xs's.
              I guess Ive always assumed the K/Q was the big bulky ugly one ones I typically see on the 80'+... I've never read one calling these earlier style a K/Q...

I stand corrected.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

Comment

Gone

This one appears to be gone to a new home. Good Luck to the new owner.
                1981 XS1100H Venturer
                K&N Air Filter
                ACCT
                Custom Paint by Deitz
                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                EBC Front Rotors
                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment