Clear All

• '81 Venturer

Another interesting find...
    http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/mcy/3719644417.html
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    Hi BNE,
    Well it looks complete, in the second picture. If it runs at all it is worth the asking price but you should bid him down anyway
    I doubt you will find a better one in that price range. $300 extra if he throws in the trailer.
    Sh** or get off the Pot
    we could be twins
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey Phil...Yeah no mention of how its running just its mileage...suspect the usual stuff to get it up to speed...would not need athat trailer...got a much better one
      Iowa is a bit far right now and ofc timing is never right when i find a venturer forsale...what can i say? its like it was not meant to be...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Looks like the FD is leaking. At first I thought it was a shadow but the sun angle is wrong.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          Hey Phil...Yeah no mention of how its running just its mileage...suspect the usual stuff to get it up to speed...would not need athat trailer...got a much better one
          Iowa is a bit far right now and ofc timing is never right when i find a venturer forsale...what can i say? its like it was not meant to be...
          Come on Max, let the cat outta the bag, We all know you got a new ride and are planning on going to XSEast, so what is it?
          Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
          The Green Monster
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
          Got him in '04.
          bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
          Scarlet
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
          Got her in '11
          Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
          Hugo
          Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
          Cold weather ride

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Looks like the FD is leaking. At first I thought it was a shadow but the sun angle is wrong.
            If the FD is leaking, how much of a repair problem is that? Let's assume there are no case cracks.

MP
            1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors
            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

No problem at all, you can get another one on ebay for 20 - 30 bucks. Cheaper than seals.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Crap, I have 6 or 8 of them laying around here. Use it for a price reduction point.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Oh Well!

Just found out that this one has sold, but the guy can't get it deleted from the website. Someone else will have to deal with that leak.

MP
                  1981 XS1100H Venturer
                  K&N Air Filter
                  ACCT
                  Custom Paint by Deitz
                  Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                  Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                  Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                  Stebel Nautilus Horn
                  EBC Front Rotors
                  Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike