1980 XS1100 (cheap!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 XS1100 (cheap!)

I will be moving out-of-state very soon and need to get rid of my 1980 XS1100. It would make a good project bike or even an awesome parts bike. It is currently near Sidney, MT. I need to go out and look but I believe it has a little less than 40,000 miles on it.

The positives:
    -Fairing
    -Hard saddle bags (panniers, side cases, whatever you want to call them)
    -Top case (trunk)
    -Engine guard
    -Other things listed in my signature line
    -It is titled

The negatives:
    -The engine has excessive oil blow-by (when it was still running)
    -Hasn't been ran in 3 years
    -Carbs need to be rebuilt (I have new set of rebuild kits that will be included with the bike)
    -Needs new spark plug wires (I accidentally installed the coils backwards so a wire or two melted against the exhaust header)
    -Needs a new battery
    -Probably could stand new tires from age
    -The bike has been stored outside

So here are the details of the sale. I only can move one motorcycle with me so I need the XS gone in less then a week. I would really like to see the bike go to a fellow XS'er. To make that happen, I would be willing to met you for the sale within an hour radius of my home for the cost of gas. If no one here wants it, I will put it up on craigslist. If it doesn't sell on craigslist, I'm afraid I will have to send the bike to the local bike boneyard, which I don't want to see happen.

The price: Make an offer, any offer. I'm serious about that. My goal would be to get enough money to buy an Airhawk seat pad for my Bandit but at this point, I may settle for less if the bike goes to an XS'er.

I will let you fellow XS'ers have first shot at the bike. If no one is interested within 24 hours, I will have to post an ad on craigslist. Clarification: If you are seriously interested but can't make it here for a few days, I will hold the bike for you. I just need a commitment. Please feel free to spread the word about my bike if you know anyone that might be interested.

Thanks for looking!
    1980 XS1100 Standard "Touring"
    Fairing, Trunk, and Bags
    850 FD
    Fork Brace
    Progressive Front Springs
    Engine Guards w/Foot Pegs
    Oil Cooler
    Throttle Lock
    Uni Air Filter in Airbox

2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS

My XS1100 has been sold.