• Show
Clear All

• Mns

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-...item3f1adf0bfe
    Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
    1979 XS 1100 SF

Extra Parts Bike???

It is a nice looking 80 MNS, just wonder about the comment in the add saying the parts bike was purchased so they would have a spare ignition control unit. Parts bike looks like an 81 MNS which would use a different unit. Maybe he bought for the 24 karat gold.

Comment

Ironically, IIRC, that is a member here.........least the bike was, being from where it's at, and should know better than to print a bunch of trumped up BS! I mean, really, gold plated and only 250 made.........had to roll up my pant legs the BS was gettin' so deep.....that bout tops ANY urban myth I've seen!!!!!
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Realistically, if that was true 24 K gold, He would be selling the gold, heck with the bike, much more money in the gold!

Yes, the TCI in the parts bike is a 4RO model, you can see the yellow tag on it. I have not seen a tag on a 2H7 TCI to date. A green tag is the 10M off an XJ. So that would mean he did NOT swap out the TCI as stated.

Overall, if it runs as well as stated, the bike is in nice condition, and the exhaust alone (if it is truly the stock system in pristine condition) would be worth the current price. But it is not to the reserve yet.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Working...
        X