• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Monster Venturer

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37747
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Parade Bike?

Ben that bike would be perfect for a St, Patrick's Day parade. Wonder how your ST would look in that shade of green.

Comment

Wrong front end for a Venturer. Forks and handlebars are off of a Special and does not have the slotted front rotors which were stock on the Venturer. Bags are also not stock mounting height for a Venturer, too low which could cause the bags to melt if they don't have the stock heat shield. Missing the stock gauge hood and wrong tank as well. More of a mix of an early Special and a Venturer. Lots of work done, I'd question the mileage. I'd still ride it though since the Venturer is on my wish list.
      Current Stable:
      1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
      1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
      1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
      1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
      WTB:
      1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
      1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrugalTech View Post
        Wrong front end for a Venturer. Forks and handlebars are off of a Special and does not have the slotted front rotors which were stock on the Venturer. Bags are also not stock mounting height for a Venturer, too low which could cause the bags to melt if they don't have the stock heat shield. Missing the stock gauge hood and wrong tank as well. More of a mix of an early Special and a Venturer. Lots of work done, I'd question the mileage. I'd still ride it though since the Venturer is on my wish list.
        Hmmm It may not be a Venturer but just a bike that was fitted with add-ons...I was looking at that tank and wondering if it was a venturer tank or not...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DCII View Post
          Ben that bike would be perfect for a St, Patrick's Day parade. Wonder how your ST would look in that shade of green.
          I dont think I'd like it myself on the ST...on this bike it looks right though...now if you parked this XS next to my former Red ST1100 it would look like Christmas time...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X