Another nice bike!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another nice bike!!!

Ever since i sold the maxim all i am seeing is great deals on other XSs' all over the country...
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3164274046.html
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Gee, wiz, Ben. People might get the idea that you're shopping for an XS!
    Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

I AM shopping for an 1100cc UJM, so I've been looking at the XS, KZ, and GS models. As you can tell by my signature, I've gone through the Honda models.

I can tell you they are not all over the country. For some reason, the affordable (<$1200) ones are all in the Midwest, notably Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, Illinois, and a few are in the NE, with the remainder being in California or the Pacific NW. Once in a while one will pop up in Texas, and far less often Arkansas or Alabama.

Another problem has been finding a standard, as there seem to be 5 Specials/LTD/GL models for sale for every standard.
      Current bikes:
      1980 & 1981 Suzuki GS1000G
      Parting a '91 ST1100 & repairing an '85 V65 Sabre
      Shopping for an 1100cc UJM project now!

Comment

Mileage ?

Nice looking bike but just wonder about what the actual mileage is considering it's a 79 with a 1980 speedometer? The bike is also listed on Ebay.

Comment

I'm not shopping Randy but just killin some time...but I'm sure there are others who are lookin..and i'm seeing bikes everywhere forsale...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yup, you're not shopping until you find one close and dirt cheap.....then you'll think I might as well buy it, I won't loose $. Thats how I got 4 bikes I wasn't shopping for.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

Yeah that can happen Garrett...but I just dont have the $ or I would have one of those bikes I listed...funny cause i wasnt riding my XJ much and so i sell it...and now i'd like another XS ...I see some excellent examples for little $ and are much better condiition than even the Maxim was...now that I dont have the funds and am just lookin...
              Once you've got the bug..there really is no cure...LOL
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
              X