1981 XS1100H for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 XS1100H for sale

Well... the Army's telling me it's time to move again and my wife has helped me re-adjust my priorities, so sadly, that means it's time to sell the bike. I've spent a lot of time and money on my XS in the last few years but it's time to let it go. Mods list includes:

XSCHOP Chain drive conversion
    FZ1 front end set-up with Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 cartridge kit
    FZ1 rear swing-arm, wheel, and brake set-up
    Bitubo 3-way adjustable rear shocks
    Braided steel brake lines front and rear
    Acewell gauge set-up
    Michelin Power Pure Tires 120/70 fronts and 200/55 rear
    Recent carb rebuild (February 2012)

The bike has been a blast to ride and own. It handles way better than it should, fantastic actually, sadly it's just time to let it go. Asking $3000. Not willing to part out yet. Clear title in hand. I have all the original windjammer fairings and ammo can saddlebag set-up. I haven't altered the frame at all so someone could return it completely to stock if they choose.

PM or call if interested (571) 268-9302.

- Adrian

How it looked originially.
    2005 YZF-R1
    2002 XV1700 Warrior
    1981 XS1100H

Adrian,

Nice job the bike looks good - longer! but good. Sorry you have to sell - though I cannot buy it I am interested more in what you did with FZ forks - did they drop into the XS triple trees or you took it all? Looks like they have FZ brakes with dual pistons? They look a bunch like the XS Standard forks - are they same size?

Thanks and thanks for your service.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
      Adrian,

Nice job the bike looks good - longer! but good. Sorry you have to sell - though I cannot buy it I am interested more in what you did with FZ forks - did they drop into the XS triple trees or you took it all? Looks like they have FZ brakes with dual pistons? They look a bunch like the XS Standard forks - are they same size?

Thanks and thanks for your service.

John
      No, it's a full FZ1 front end and triples with a spacer as the XS1100 steering head is shorter than the FZ1's triple tree stem. It's a really nice set-up. Obviously I will not get out of it what I put into it, but the front end alone was about $2200 with the AK-20 cartridge kit, springs, and valving.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Outlaw4shrt; 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling
      2005 YZF-R1
      2002 XV1700 Warrior
      1981 XS1100H

Comment

I guess I'll just cut right to the chase, anyone interested at $2000?
        2005 YZF-R1
        2002 XV1700 Warrior
        1981 XS1100H

Comment

Zero interest, going to see if I can take it to the next level. Mods please delete. Thanks.
          2005 YZF-R1
          2002 XV1700 Warrior
          1981 XS1100H

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw4shrt View Post
            Zero interest, going to see if I can take it to the next level. Mods please delete. Thanks.
            Hi Outlaw,
            Not as advertised. What you have there is a highly modified/ customized motorcycle that used to be an XS1100. While it may well be worth $2000 to someone it is not an 81H anymore. IMHO
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
              Hi Outlaw,
              Not as advertised. What you have there is a highly modified/ customized motorcycle that used to be an XS1100. While it may well be worth $2000 to someone it is not an 81H anymore. IMHO
              Phil
              I didn't mean to sound bitter if that's how it came across.
              2005 YZF-R1
              2002 XV1700 Warrior
              1981 XS1100H

Comment

I didnt think so....its tough to see your pretty baby that you sweated over and lovingly modified not be clamored over...honestly if I had play money I'd consider it just to test out all those mods....

But most folks who want a custom bike want to make it their own, and you have already customized yours a bunch.

Besides we are a cheap lot and 2K is alot of scratch

I think you will have an easier time selling locally. Go put it on the base lemon lot with descriptions of how fast it is, etc. ads up on bulletin boards in the enlisted barracks. Craigslist for a higher price and advertise a military discount - 10% off for military active or retired. (everybodys gonna negotiate anyway so that doesnt mean a bunch) but maybe throw in a helmet or gear for military since they need it anyway and you dont want to feel responsible for putting them in the hospital when they try to see how fast it is Good excuse to get new stuff anyway.

Get a pretty girl to sit or stand near it for pics and point out details... Not a bikini babe, just a pretty gal.

You can sell it. Be sure and state clearly the girl is not included.

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                X