Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 XS11 Special $1000 for XS11 members in East TN

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/3037235062.html

This is my bike. I had it running perfectly but it sat for a few weeks and when I rode it again yesterday I have a flat spot around 4000 RPM. Dunno if I messed the idle mixture screws up or if the fuel filter is clogged but the idle used to be great now it pops and idles high. I checked for loose headers and vacuum lines but didn'tfind anything. I have 2 jobs and a new baby and 3 cars to maintain so I'm honestly about sick of working on anything and am ready to sell it. We are planning on moving out of state over Summer and I don't know if I'd be able to take it anyway. If I don't sell it then that's fine I guess, I'll just slowly get around to fixing the minor problems slowly and ride it when I can, I just hate to see it sit most of the time.
    1979 Special with 1980 motor and 1979 carbs

In one picture it has the seat bar wrapped around the seat. In the other pix its removed. Do you still have it? I'd be interested in buying it.
    Thanks
    John
    1970? Honda Z50... gone
    1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
    1974 Honda CB200... gone
    1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
    1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
    2008 Honda VTX 1800F
    1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

Originally posted by WSL91 View Post
      In one picture it has the seat bar wrapped around the seat. In the other pix its removed. Do you still have it? I'd be interested in buying it.
      Thanks
      John

Yup still got the grab bar. Was told its pretty hard to find and worth something so I hung on to it to sell later and just never got around to listing it on eBay because I was afraid I'd want to put it back on later. Make me an offer and I will give it some thought.
      1979 Special with 1980 motor and 1979 carbs

Comment

Working...
      X