81 XS1100 Midnight Special and 79 Eleven Hundred Special parts bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 XS1100 Midnight Special and 79 Eleven Hundred Special parts bike

I have had the 81 Midnight Special since I was 20 years old. It developed a transmission problem. I had the trans. Rebuilt, but it still had an issue. I bought the 79 as a parts bike hoping to get the 81 back on the road. That was about 15 years ago, and they have both been sitting in the garage since. I just cannot find the time to work on it. Sadly, I must sell them both to make room for other things. There are a lot of good usable parts that I would rather see put to good use. If interested, email me at sdickson@zoominternet.net, and I will be glad to give you more information about the bikes.

A little more info...

I do have a good title for the Midnight Special. I have the title for the 79 in my possession, but it was never transferred into my name since I bought it as a parts bike. I am selling them both together. Both bikes ran as of about 8 years ago (minus the transmission issue on the 81), so I am sure that they will need some work to get running. I have a factory service manual for the 81 that goes with them. I did start to tear the 81 down to swap engines over, but only got as far as the rear wheel, seat, and tank. It has been sitting on a lift since. Everything I have for both bikes comes with the deal. I am not sure what to ask for a price, but any reasonable offer that both parties can agree upon will be accepted.

Comment

PM Sent.

Thanxs, John
      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Everything Okay ?

Hi resq718,

I hope all is well. Just a little concerned as I haven't heard from ya.

If the bikes are still available please, LMK

Sincerely, John
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

hmmm

I was waiting on some pictures also...
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

You might want to email him... he probably doesn't frequent here much... Man, I have a complete and running '79SF with no title, I would love to get a title for it or maybe trade it for a titled parts bike... If either one of you guys happens to buy both bikes keep me in mind. Depending on condition of the 79 I might be willing to swap bikes..?
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

i did email him and got a reply telling me he would send pictures... Must have got busy or someone local picked them up.
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

ive emailed him , he sent pics , but havent heard back from him , i only wanted the midnight special ,
                81 mns 1100,7648 miles
                81 mns 850 (2) both with 13,600 miles on them

Comment

Pictures

I've tried sending pictures to everyone who emailed me. For some reason the pics aren't making their way to the recipient. Anywho, I finally remembered my log on info for photobucket, and uploaded them to there since the emails seem to be failing. The link for the album is:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v470/resq718/XS1100s/

Hope this helps.

Comment

Sold

Bikes are sold. Thanks for the interest everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X