• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 midnight special - $900 wenatchee wa

Wow what a deal!!!!
    1980 midnight special xs1100 yamaha - $900

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/3010176496.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/3010176496.html

Not mine. Wish i had the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a 1980 yamaha xs1100 midnight special with 27k miles.has clear paperwork and needs carbs rebuilt.comes with new battery and great tires and is a complete bike
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

That is a good buy. The mirrors are not OEM, and it has fallen down on both sides if you look at the covers, they show it.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Just So You Know

FYI, for anyone interested, I called and spoke to the seller and he only has an affidavit from the previous owner stating the Title has been lost. Might be an easy transfer "within" the State of Washington, but from my experience with buying out of State vehicles, it wouldn't fly in the State of Texas without a paper Title in hand to start the transfer process in Texas (I've bought no less than 6 cars and bikes in the last 5 yrs from outta State and I am familiar with the Title process in Texas ONLY). I was going to buy the bike (and was ready to proceed with the deal) until I learned of the present state of affairs concerning the Title. Other States may be more lenient towards the situation, but I had to pass on that reason. Heck of a deal for someone local in the State of Washington
      Last edited by tv5150; 05-12-2012, 04:13 PM.
      Current Rides:
      02 GL1800 Wing
      79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
      81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

If the title was in his name, it is no problem here. He just goes down to the DMV with you, and signs for a lost title, and the change over. If it was not in his name, then it could be a hassel
        , because when they check the title, and if the real owner wants the bike, then he gets it.
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Looks like seat and handlebars have also been changed.

Comment

That is a cool seat
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
              If the title was in his name, it is no problem here. He just goes down to the DMV with you, and signs for a lost title, and the change over....
              That's not neccesarily true anymore. Washington State has started 'purging' non-active vehicles from their database if they haven't been licensed in X number of years (seven I think, but don't quote me). So if you don't have a title or other legal proof of ownership and it hasn't been licensed within that period, as far as the state is concerned it no longer exists.
              Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
              '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
              '82 XJ rebuild project
              '80SG restified, red SOLD
              '79F parts...
              '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
              '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
              '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
              '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
              Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
              Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

1980 Midnight Special

So how is the paint? Breaks?
                RickMc
                <ricks.mailbox@charter.net>
                1978 XS1100E

Comment

Manitoulin Lad has an 1980 xs11 midnight special for sale if anyone,s interested ,,ride safe ,,slow mo!
                  The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                  moemcnally@hotmail.com
                  i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Working...
                  X