81 XS100 Special in Texas - $750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 XS100 Special in Texas - $750

1981 Yamaha 1100 Special (I think Midnight Special...)
    Carbs went out and the bike got parked about 5 years ago.
    I thought one day I would get around to fixing it, but never have and I have too many projects that I can't seem to get to.
    I have kept the motor turning by occasionally oiling the cylinders (through the spark plugs) and rolling the rear tire with trans in gear.
    Bike has 31k miles I believe and was running great before the carbs died (I think one of the diaphragms developed a hole or a tear, rather common on these/mikuni 34c)
    I bought a new battery for it a couple years ago when I thought I was going to start working on it... it has been sitting on a shelf, you will get that too if you want it.
    Bike is complete and in tact, I have not done any disassembly. The tank was re-coated shortly before the bike was parked, and the gas was drained when it was parked.
    I believe some carb work, fluid changes, and a battery will get this bike operational again! It will need new tires before it hits the road simply due to age.
    I also have the manual and I believe some notes on where to get parts.

I would like to get $750 for it, fairly firm but I'm open to reasonable offers or trades.

I am in Bryan, TX and may be able to deliver if you are close (we can discuss that if needed). I will not 'ship' it.
    I might be willing to part it out if there is enough demand for the parts, but would prefer to sell it whole as that is just easier for me.
    Please email me at moatcontracting@gmail.com for questions or offers. I will try to post some pictures later, but it is black and in excellent shape with no major dents/dings/scratches/etc. Paint is not peeling/cracking/etc, though may be slightly faded due to age, will polish up nicely!
    This world needs more Christian, RedNeck, Cowboys!

1981 XS1100 Special for sale! $750!

Ok folks... I don't think I can upload pictures directly to here, and I don't really like loading to a hosting site etc so, email me and I can either email back or send to your phone...

Also, I think I forgot to mention above that the throttle cable is likely to need replaced too, or maybe just reconnected, I'm not really sure, I don't remember what happened and didn't look that closely when I was out there just now snapping pictures.

Comment

If its the carbs, why not take the 2 hours to fix them and sell the bike running for more or keep it? I am just saying, i got my bike for $500 and just cleaned the carbs that night and fired her up. I have a total of under $540 in her total for a very nice 79 special. You could definately get more if its running, if its nice maybe you could get double.
      Jeff
      77 XS750 2D completely stock
      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Here 'Ya Go

Originally posted by Gator View Post
        Ok folks... I don't think I can upload pictures directly to here, and I don't really like loading to a hosting site etc so, email me and I can either email back or send to your phone...

Also, I think I forgot to mention above that the throttle cable is likely to need replaced too, or maybe just reconnected, I'm not really sure, I don't remember what happened and didn't look that closely when I was out there just now snapping pictures.
        Here's the pics you sent me...(click to enlarge...)

Last edited by tv5150; 05-11-2012, 11:02 AM.
        Current Rides:
        02 GL1800 Wing
        79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
        81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the help with those pics!
          Just so that you all know, I DO have the mirror that is missing, and the other side cover that aren't shown in the pictures!
          I also believe I have the tool kit or at least part of it.
          And, I was informed that this is NOT a Midnight, it is simply a special.
          Thanks everybody for looking and helping.
          If you have any specific questions or need pictures of specific parts etc, feel free to email me.
          I would prefer to sell this bike complete as I don't have the time to fix it, I really don't have the time to disassemble it either...

Comment

Working...
          X