'78 xs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '78 xs1100

Thinking about selling my '78 XS1100. It's totally stripped, I repainted the frame, the engine test-fired with some gas in the cylinders (as I posted a few months back), the fork springs measure within specs and the same length but they need seals. The seat has some loose threads and one tiny tear but nothing bad at all. It needs tires before it ever hits the road. I have 95% of the parts but the main thing is the carbs. I have the bodies, some parts and I applied silicone to the rubber carb mounts. I don't think any of the small cracks went through. The biggest problem is I don't have any of the linkage, brackets, etc. for the carbs and I can't afford to buy a set either used or rebuilt.

The previous owner bought new cables but never put them on. I really don't want to do this but realistically I don't have the money right now to finish it.

I'm in central Michigan and would entertain offers on the whole thing. I have the clear title from the previous owner.
    Jim...<><

'78 XS1100E

Previous bikes:
    Early 70s Honda 90 Enduro
    1998 Honda Shadow ACE
    2006 Honda VTX 1300R

Dogs understand why people ride motorcycles

Can you post some pics, and how much you looking to get out of it?
    1979 XS110F, Stock
    1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
    2000 YZ 250, Sold
    2002 YZ125, Sold
    2009 Royal Star Venture
    '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Jim...<><

'78 XS1100E

Previous bikes:
      1998 Honda Shadow ACE
      2006 Honda VTX 1300R

Comment

I don't know what to ask for it, prices seem to be all over the place. Knowing the engine runs was a relief, I had no idea if it did or not when I got it.
        Jim...<><

'78 XS1100E

Previous bikes:
        1998 Honda Shadow ACE
        2006 Honda VTX 1300R

Comment

man been trying to get a hold of you for a week

give me a call I want to buy the whole shooting match if we can strike up a deal !!!!!

Comment

I really like that seat, I want one in the worst way. I know they are very comfy! Any idea what year that is off? Wanna sell it?
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Marshy, there is a seat on here for sell a lot like that one for $60. I saw it yesterday, it was a corbin touring seat. Hey Tarzan, have you asked any members to donate or maybe trade something for the linkages you need. I have saw a lot of generous acts on this forum just to get a fellow xsive on the road.
              Last edited by jjz28; 04-29-2012, 03:31 AM. Reason: added
              Jeff
              77 XS750 2D completely stock
              79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                Marshy, there is a seat on here for sell a lot like that one for $60. I saw it yesterday, it was a corbin touring seat. Hey Tarzan, have you asked any members to donate or maybe trade something for the linkages you need. I have saw a lot of generous acts on this forum just to get a fellow xsive on the road.
                If you come across that thread, please PM me b/c I have not had any luck finding it.

Thanks!
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                  If this is the one you were talking about... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...highlight=seat

then it will not fit my bike as I have a standard and that is for a special...

And, its a little different than the ony you have, which is the best looking IMO, it has the comfort of the King/Queen without the ugly looks.
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

Comment

Working...
                  X