Xs1100 1979 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xs1100 1979 for sale

I have a 1979 XS1100 complete bike with clear title. Bike is complete but a few loose parts in a box such as head light, 1 brake caliber, rectifier......To run this bike you will need a few small things and a restoration job. Also I was told that motor has been bored and set up to race. It was running a year before I purchased it and it sounded great to say the least. I purchased from a friend for parts bike. Tank and seat need work and back wheel now locked up, probally brakes. Bike has been in storage for over 8 years. I did put oil under plugs a number of times over the years to keep motor from freezing up. Motor turns over good as of last week. Will not start, but I did expect it too do so, too many wires unplugged. I have a 1980 XS1100 full dressed, shes my baby for sure. Has nearly 100,000 miles and heads have never been off. It is pure "Rat Bike" for sure, but fast, fun and comfortable. I do not think I will ever part with it. Sorry to say I got knee replacement 4 years ago and it has been nightmare, caught staph in hospital, after 8 times of cutting leg open and throwing 3 new titanium knees away I am left in wheel chair. I am too old to do any major work so I have decided to sell the ole 79' XS. If interested please contact me and make an offer I can't refuse. I am willing to trade for 15-16 foot open fiberglass boat and trailer. Just an open boat, no controls just cross seats and transum for short shaft motor. I have my own 25 hp motor with tiller handle. Phone: cell (443)570-9945 home: (410)772-9682
    Last edited by rustenale1; 08-04-2011, 11:22 AM.

Originally posted by rustenale1 View Post
    I have a 1980 XS1100 full dressed, shes my baby for sure. Has nearly 100,000 miles and heads have never been off. It is pure "Rat Bike" for sure, but fast, fun and comfortable. I do not think I will ever part with it. Sorry to say I got knee replacement 4 years ago and it has been nightmare, caught staph in hospital, after 8 times of cutting leg open and throwing 3 new titanium knees away I am left in wheel chair.
    Hi rustenale,
    although I'm not yet stuck in a wheelchair I am a fellow geezer and can see someone with bad knees not being able to keep a solo bike upright at stop signs.
    Have you considered a sidecar for your keeper bike?
    Hit the search button to check out my "why I ride a sidecar" string to see some "how to" details.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by rustenale1 View Post
      I have a 1979 XS1100 complete bike with clear title. Bike is complete but a few loose parts in a box such as head light, 1 brake caliber, rectifier......To run this bike you will need a few small things and a restoration job. Also I was told that motor has been bored and set up to race. It was running a year before I purchased it and it sounded great to say the least. I purchased from a friend for parts bike. Tank and seat need work and back wheel now locked up, probally brakes. Bike has been in storage for over 8 years. I did put oil under plugs a number of times over the years to keep motor from freezing up. Motor turns over good as of last week. Will not start, but I did expect it too do so, too many wires unplugged. I have a 1980 XS1100 full dressed, shes my baby for sure. Has nearly 100,000 miles and heads have never been off. It is pure "Rat Bike" for sure, but fast, fun and comfortable. I do not think I will ever part with it. Sorry to say I got knee replacement 4 years ago and it has been nightmare, caught staph in hospital, after 8 times of cutting leg open and throwing 3 new titanium knees away I am left in wheel chair. I am too old to do any major work so I have decided to sell the ole 79' XS. If interested please contact me and make an offer I can't refuse. I am willing to trade for 15-16 foot open fiberglass boat and trailer. Just an open boat, no controls just cross seats and transum for short shaft motor. I have my own 25 hp motor with tiller handle. Phone: cell (443)570-9945 home: (410)772-9682
      how do you do home repairs ???? (Ken's General Home Repairs

Phone: (410) 772-9682 )
      careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Working...
      X