XS 1100 in SW VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS 1100 in SW VA

I wish I could pull the trigger on this--but 7 bikes is 5 too many. If any of y'all want me to go take a look, test compression, etc etc let me know. It is not far from me at all.

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/mcy/2327264069.html
    1979 XS1100 F
    1980 XS1100 Special--Frankenstein
    1982 XJ1100 Maxium x 2
    1980 Honda CB 900
    1981 Honda CB 900
    1981 Honda CB650x2
    2003 Honda 1300 VTX Retro-sold

Originally posted by Edisto View Post
    I wish I could pull the trigger on this--but 7 bikes is 5 too many. If any of y'all want me to go take a look, test compression, etc etc let me know. It is not far from me at all.

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/mcy/2327264069.html
    I have emailed the gentleman expressing my interest in this bike. If all checks out I'll come up myself this Sunday. I would need to know that all the gears shift fine with no 1st -2nd gear slipping. Ihave asked him abt this so we'll see. Thanks for posting this!
    1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
    2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

I hope someone from the site ends up with it! Hope it checks out.
      1979 XS1100 F
      1982 XJ1100 Maxium x 2
      1980 Honda CB 900
      1981 Honda CB 900
      1981 Honda CB650x2

Comment

Originally posted by Edisto View Post
        I hope someone from the site ends up with it! Hope it checks out.
        Spoke to him on the phone the bike is a daily rider and its ready to go anywhere. Still gotta check it out in person.
        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Good deal.
          1979 XS1100 F
          1982 XJ1100 Maxium x 2
          1980 Honda CB 900
          1981 Honda CB 900
          1981 Honda CB650x2

Comment

Looks just like my $500.00 bike Time to cut my windshield down
            1981 xs1100 venturer... Finally runs
            Still has carb issues, but runs
            For all of your Amsoil needs go to www.mrguysoil.com

Comment

Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
              Spoke to him on the phone the bike is a daily rider and its ready to go anywhere. Still gotta check it out in person.
              Hi Roadrunner,
              Sure looks like a Venturer. Should have a rack. Hope it is as good shape as it looks.
              Good luck
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                Hi Roadrunner,
                Sure looks like a Venturer. Should have a rack. Hope it is as good shape as it looks.
                Good luck
                Phil
                Hi Phil..I spoke to the guy and it is a Venturer. I asked him if that was a 6 gal. tank and he affirmed that it was. Bike has 78K miles though. Do you all think thats high? Knowing that and if its as good as he says,whats a good offer on this?
                1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

If it's all good as owner states, the asking is NOT a bad price at all. Gonna watch and see who is procrastinating and who's serious.........bettin' this won't last long......wanna bet?
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi Roadrunner,
                    As always it is worth what somone will pay. If it is in as good condition as he says ,like Motoman, i think somone would pay his asking price. Now with folding money in your pocket Look closely at the fairing around the headlight some small cracks may be vissible. it is also missing the double chrome rails around the bags. these and any other cosmetic issues may enable you to beat him down some $$$ ( not show stoppers just leverage) 78 thousand miles is a another lever for price though not unreasonable for a 30 year old bike. Well used is better than neglected in a barn in my opinion.
                    It does have the original saddle which you will need to sit on to decide if it is as comfortable as it's reputation says.

Phil
                    Last edited by MaximPhil; 04-16-2011, 01:56 PM.
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Thanks Phil. I didnt even notice those rails that go around the panniers were missing. I will look at the fairing carefully. the seat doesnt look that comfortable but it was recovered. I have seen these bikes wwith a flat seat instead of the dished one this bike has. The flat seat looks like it would be more comfortable though.
                      1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                      2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Got back from seein' this and there were some cosmetic issues and the paint was only fair...the pannier locks didnt work and the lids wouldnt come off. Rolled it out of the garage and turned the key and hit the starter and the engine cranked over twice then the battery went totally dead...no start no test ride and no way I'm riding it home. He would have taken $1200 if it ran but I decided to pass on this one.
                        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by xsroadrunner View Post
                          Got back from seein' this and there were some cosmetic issues and the paint was only fair...the pannier locks didnt work and the lids wouldnt come off. Rolled it out of the garage and turned the key and hit the starter and the engine cranked over twice then the battery went totally dead...no start no test ride and no way I'm riding it home. He would have taken $1200 if it ran but I decided to pass on this one.
                          Hi RoadRunner,
                          So next time take a battery with you Pity it did not live up to it's billing. There will be another. aparrently they are not as rare as we were led to believe.
                          Phil
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

aparrently they are not as rare as we were led to believe.
                            Phil
                            People are just pulling them out of their barns and selling them for gas money....
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights
                            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines
                            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hi RoadRunner,
                              So next time take a battery with you Pity it did not live up to it's billing. There will be another. aparrently they are not as rare as we were led to believe.
                              Phil
                              Idid see one on Kijjii or whatever its called..A venturer in Calgary going for $2000...but its too far and out of my price range. That aint gas money
                              1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
                              2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X