Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100F - For Sale - Southeast

Hello all,
    Thanks to many members on this forum I got my XS1100 running. I really like the bike but it is too damn big for me.

I suppose I knew this when I purchased the bike but I wanted to fix it up anyways.

Regardless of that, I would like to sell the bike so I can get a smaller Yamaha, perhaps an XS650.

The bike is in running shape. It sounds great and is completely stock with the exception of the rear shocks, which are aftermarket air shocks. The exhaust is in great shape and so is the seat. The gas tank is clean on the inside and has the original paint with a few small scratches and NO dents.

Furthermore, I just completely rebuilt the carburetors and have two rebuild kits for the petcocks. The petcocks work great now, but it is still nice to have rebuild kits for the future.

Known issues:
    1) When I first got the bike it was difficult to shift on the centerstand into 2nd gear. This problem has not returned since I got the bike on the road.
    2) Header #3 does not get as hot as the other pipes. It is certainly firing, since it does get hot, but it is not as strong as the other cylinders. This problem has improved since riding the bike and it may indeed fix itself over time.
    3) The rear brake will have to be bled. I have cleaned/restored the rear MC, but I have not bled the brakes.
    4) I cleaned the entire front brake system and bled the brakes. The level action is very solid, however, the brakes do not seem strong enough to me. I believe the pads are glazed over. Unfortunately I did not learn this was an issue until after re-installing the front calipers.
    5) Left sidecover is chipped.

Pictures of the bike (taken from the better side) is shown at the link below.
    1) http://imgur.com/yjwdG
    2) http://imgur.com/aIcJo

You will notice in the picture that the headlight and front turn signals are missing. This is because the bike originally came with a fairing. I removed the fairing for the picture, but I still have the headlight. Also, the bike has a back seat rest, front fairing, and metal sidebags which come with the purchase. Everything is colormatched to the tank.

Send me a PM if interested. I will not ship, so you have to pick it up. I am in Atlanta.

Adam
    Last edited by xs1100newb; 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM.

If you send me a PM please include your telephone number. I would prefer to chat on the phone as opposed to e-mail or forum messages.

Thanks,
    Adam

Comment

Its been sold.

Adam

Comment

Working...
      X