'80 & '78's FS in SA, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 & '78's FS in SA, TX

Well I picked up an '06 FZ1 the other day, so I'm selling my XS11's to make some more room in the garage. The '80 is a running bike, stopped riding it when the battery died (was hard to get fired up when cold which is what likely killed it). Once it got running it went good and started easy when warm, no 2nd gear troubles, plenty of power, and running plenty rich. Will need the carbs done for sure, all I did was pull/clean them, didn't want to mess with them too much as I'm not very familiar with them. Came with a straight pipe 2-1 (on each side) header-wrapped exhaust, EXTREMELY loud, unbearable for me. Right now has a 4-1 system on it, not sure of the brand. Have clear blue title in my name for this bike.

Have LOTS of extra parts that will go with it, highway bar w/pegs, luggage rack, grab handle, oil cooler setup, 2nd exhaust system, set of wheels (F/R), F/R fenders, a rubbermaid container full of extra stuff, and the '78 I picked up as a parts bike (no title). Couldn't bring myself to tear it down, though. Started cleaning it up and it looks like it's all original, only thing it's missing is the headlight/bucket. Tires hold air, engine spins freely (jumped the starter), and shifts through gears. Tires on the '80 are also fairly new, looked brand new when I picked it up.

Looking to get $600 for everything I have XS-related, which is well under what I paid and a LOT less than it's all worth. Hoping someone on here can put this bike to good use, along with all the extra parts. I've always wanted an FZ1 and now that I've got it, the XS isn't going to get any attention from me.

If you're interested, please email me at m.pruden@sbcglobal.net, I'm located just northeast of San Antonio in Converse. 1st pic shows the blue fenders on there with the 2-1 exhaust, right now it has the chrome fenders I swapped from the '78 and the 4-1 exhaust. Lost one of the side covers on the highway as well. 2nd/3rd show the 4-1 exhaust.

'07 Virago
    '80 XS11G
    '78 XS11E
    '97 Grand Prix GTP
    '99 Grand Prix GT

nice bike

Hey Mike I didn't know there was someone else so close (I'm over near Helotes). I'd like to ride sometime - drop me a line.

John in San Antonio
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Hey Mike I didn't know there was someone else so close (I'm over near Helotes). I'd like to ride sometime - drop me a line.

John in San Antonio
      Cool man, if you know some good places to ride let me know. Recently started a new work schedule (4/10's, M-T) so I'm off Fridays. Love riding my FZ1, take it out every chance I can get, find myself cruising for hours with no destination, lol.

Looking like the Virago will be the daily driver now since gas prices are $3.39/gal. as of now. Sure it will be higher tomorrow, though.

EDIT: Bikes are sold, not sure how to edit the original post/thread title.
      '07 Virago
      '80 XS11G
      '78 XS11E
      '97 Grand Prix GTP
      '99 Grand Prix GT

Comment

did they go to a forum member?

just wondering...

at least there will be another xs11 around on the road still!

john

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Looks like he just turned around and is selling 3x ur price

http://killeen.craigslist.org/mcy/2213924938.html

$1700 to cover all his labor. Bike looks exactly the same.

John

Comment

Working...
          X