Here is one for the 650 fans...Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item20b52c3624
    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Originally posted by latexeses View Post
    Here is one for the 650 fans...Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item20b52c3624
    Very Nice....Interesting to see it as a Motorcrosser, I didn't know the 650 came in this option

Daw
    78 XS1100 E Hardtail Chop
    84 GPz900 A2
    85 XJ900 F - Manky Despatch Bike Done 281,000 miles!
    93 CB1000 Big1

Comment

With no front brake it's not street legal. It does however say its a custom built flat tracker, so I'm guessing it's not supposed to be street legal (AFAIK, all 50 states require front brakes on street bikes built after something like the 1940's or so).
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
        With no front brake it's not street legal. It does however say its a custom built flat tracker, so I'm guessing it's not supposed to be street legal (AFAIK, all 50 states require front brakes on street bikes built after something like the 1940's or so).
        Hi Cy,
        the ad says Street Tracker. So it should have a front brake and an at least a minimal street-legal lighting package or as you so rightly say, it ain't street legal.
        OTOH, if it is supposed to be a real flat tracker it should have both exhausts high mounted on the right-hand side and it surely wouldn't need that rear light?
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
          Hi Cy,
          the ad says Street Tracker. So it should have a front brake and an at least a minimal street-legal lighting package or as you so rightly say, it ain't street legal.
          OTOH, if it is supposed to be a real flat tracker it should have both exhausts high mounted on the right-hand side and it surely wouldn't need that rear light?
          Yeah, the pictures make is pretty clear there are no front brakes (no disk OR drum on the front wheel) and no brake lever either. Also while it appears to have a headlight and taillight, the headlight at least I'd bet is not DOT approved which means not street legal, and no turn signals AFAIK also means not street legal at least in the U.S. And I don't know how it is in other states, but in Ca those deficiencies are the type that they impound the vehicle for. I can't see how that thing can be worth a fraction of the asking price, seeing as how you can't actually ride it anywhere but offroad, and it don't look like a true offroad bike to me.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Sure is a beautiful bike. I figure of you really wanted to street it shouldn't take much to get it legal. I would definitely ride it, different than any I have seen.
            US Army 1986-1991

1979 1100 Special (on the road after 16 years!)
            1983 GS300L (wifes ride)
            1985 Super Glide
            2012 Super Glide

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a flat tracker with a front brake??
              RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
              X