Two XJ 1100's for sale in St. Louis - $1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two XJ 1100's for sale in St. Louis - $1150

For sale are two 1982 Yamaha Maxim 1100cc motorcycles. They will be sold as a pair and not separated. Both need work.

The burgundy motorcycle has 23,000 miles on it and was last on the street around 2006. I was moving it from one garage to another. It ran a little rough so I think it needs a tune up and an oil change. I have the oil and filter but never got around to doing it. It may have the shifting problem that plagues these motorcycle but I am not totally certain. The front forks need to have the seals replaced. They feel a little soft. The brakes will also need to be serviced. I think the rear brakes are sticking. The bike needs some good polishing also. It was last cleaned around 2001.

The black motorcycle has not been started since approximately 1996. One of the carburetors runs lean and it has the 1st gear transmission problem. It has a little over 27,000 miles on it. The tank was painted in 1995 but has dulled. There is a dent on the side of the tank from when I moved the bikes from one garage to the other. It is missing a mirror and the blinker stalks need to be adjusted. I believe this bike is all original except for the battery.

This is a link to higher resolution photos of the motorcycles.

http://flickr.com/gp/53357762@N02/m048yV
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8ROTRU6 – download the 12 photos (37 megs)

Both bikes have been garaged since I have owned them, the black bike since 1992 and the burgundy one since 1997. I have titles on both. The first $1150 gets them both. I do not want to trade, barter, or part the bikes out. I will not transport the bikes but will help load them if necessary. Feel free to email me with questions or to set up a time to see them.
    Thanks
    Ken

az1172002@hotmail.com

If only I had the $$... I saw the ad for these on CL a few months ago, and almost managed to make it over to see them with a friend of mine just before the ad expired.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

CatatonicBug

offer still stands if you are interested.

Comment

If only I lived closer...

It's for the best anyway, I'm looking for earlier XS's now to keep my XJ company
        82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
        Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
        X