Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '81 XS 11 For Sale - Fully Rebuilt

Hello all.
    Firstly, I'm in South Africa and if you'd like to purchase the bike please be aware of what the shipping and tax costs etc will amount to.

I'd consider an offer of about ZAR 55'000.00 which equates to:

US $ 7'500.00
    EURO 5'900.00
    GBP 4'800.00

It's basically what the XS11 has cost me from the start but it's, I'd say, 95% or more restored to original.

Ok, details:
    Bought the XS11(roughly 80'000km which is about 50'000 miles), engine completely disassembled, frame was dirty, paint was faded, but the motorcycle is 100% accident free. The previous owner took the engine apart for whatever reason and did not see fit to rebuild so I bought her for next to nothing.

All chrome work was redone along with the handlebars widened slightly for an easier cruising hold.
    Paint was professionally redone in the original Cherry Red.

Seat re-upholstered, all the nuts and bolts we could replace were.
    Everything was re-assembled using new parts as far as could go, includes nuts, bolts, washers, spring washers, seals, the whole lot.
    The engine is a bit of a mix and match as new internal parts aren't manufactured anymore and good used parts were sourced.
    The crank is from another XS11, pistons and cylinder sleeve block from another, 2Mikuni original carbs on the outside and 2 other carbs on the inside. 2nd and 3rd gears have been cut by a professional and the engine was also last re-assembled by the same mechanic.
    The carbs and timing were also tuned to perfection by this guru and the power delivery between 1k RPM and 4k RPM is impressive.(I haven't been able to rev higher since the piston rings and bearings need to be run in first,but power is smooth and very crisp).
    A few small parts such as the mirros and handlebar grips have been replaced with generic parts.
    Also a Cowley 4-1 black perfomance exhaust was fitted. All the rest are original Yamaha parts. Also fitted are a part of used crash bars with Yamaha-logo footpegs at the front for a very comfortable cruising ride.

The latest rebuild was completed a few weeks ago so the engine is still being ridden in very gently; but I've been assured that unless something catastrophic happens the engine will run another 100'000km (62'000m) without hassles.

As much as I love this bike and have spent many weeks rebuilding, cleaning, washing, assembling, oiling etc. back to showroom condition I do want to sell.
    Please contact me here or via email (preferred) at dior@teekay.co.za

I've added a link for photos:
    http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Kitojack/

Originally posted by k1t0j4ck View Post
    US $ 7'500.00
    Holy cow!! You could get at least 2 bikes in the same condition for that much here! Very nice restoration though. However, you should be aware that the aftermarket exhaust and the strange carb setup will immediately reduce the price.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Not to mention what it would cost to ship that thing overseas! OMG, I would just guess shipping to be $1,500 or more. Better just keep it and ride it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X