79 XS1100F for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS1100F for sale

This bike was running when I parked it 5 years ago. I had to park it because of the 1st and 2nd gear started slipping. I had planned to do the fix but have become partially disabled. I have a clean Arizona title. I will post some pics this week. I am willing to part it out but would prefer someone that wants to make her run again. The tank is going to need a full rebuild as will the carbs. Tires are shot and the battery dead. The kill switch went on it but the key works fine. It has air shocks but those are shot at this point as well. The motor ran fine when it was my daily driver. I have a Modified Kawasaki vetter fairing, trunk, Leg protectors, and full bags as well as all the mounts that goes with them. The fairing has a custom embroidered soft cover on the right with XS11 and Yamaha on it IIRC. The left is a hard lockable cover. The radio weather cover is in good shape but I pulled the radio. I have a full two person back rest seat and two second hand seats for her. The front has a fork brace. I have a few boxes of parts that I may start selling as well (extra valve covers, manual, gauges etc). These parts will go with the bike if someone wants it. I have a trailer so with in a reasonable area I can deliver it if you want to help me load it. I'd like to get $500 for it all but realize this may be a bit high. Any reasonable offer will be entertained. I would also trade for guns or a Heavy industrial leather sewing machine. I am an Ex FFL so am 100% legal to own firearms. I will take non working guns as well if they are complete as I make leather holsters and can use them as blockers. I also have an almost new take down Engine hoist and stand that I would include for $100 or sell for $200. I was going to use it to hang the bike during gear repair. I live in Tucson, AZ. IM me if interested. I am a long time member of this board but have not posted in so long I had to re register.
    to high
    13.33%
    to low
    0.00%
    reasonable
    86.67%
    Last edited by Gun_Nut_2k1; 08-21-2010, 02:14 AM. Reason: spelling and punctuation
    GN

pics

Post some pics, what is the mileage, condition of running condition, complete??? Get all that posted and someone could be interested,,,,,Mike in S.Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
      Post some pics, what is the mileage, condition of running condition, complete??? Get all that posted and someone could be interested,,,,,Mike in S.Diego
      I will Mike. I have a hard time walking so it may be a little bit before I can get the pics. It does not run but it did when I parked it. I removed all the faring and bags so they would not get sun faded.
      GN

Comment

Sorry it took this long. Most of the parts have been in a storage shed and are very dusty. The right side petcock appears to have leaked on the airbox chrome. I could not find the left sidecover.

GN

Comment

I'm interested to see what people think the value on these fairings are. I've just bought a project bike and looking to get rid of the touring equipment if it is worth it.

Kev

Comment

Availibility, and timing.

I wish I had been lurking inthe forums while I was in Tucson, I just got back last week after a 2 month stay. I will be coming back to Tucson/3 points in November. I wonder if we could work out something to where I buy it and have my brother bring you the money for the title and get me some on hand looks at the bike, and I pick the bike up when I get there. I currently have a red 79 xs1100 and a spare one never hurts. It seems everyone on the board here tries to keep 3 or 4 around in case they want a new project to play with.

Comment

Working...
            X