Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS1100 SF Free to a good home

For XS11 members only

I have a 79 XS1100 special that I was beginning to restore (photos of it before tear down are on the board somewhere) but due to having to relocate to a different state for work and going from a house to a rental unit, the project can't move with me.

I have tried to find a friend who wanted to take the project on but no one was able to SO, if you want a complete but totally dismantled bike with title and can pick it up from my place in Green Bay WI before September 1st (they day we leave)...

... it's yours, come and get it. If no one is interested and lets me know, I will have the local bike salvage yard come and get it.

PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

thanks
    Tim
    79SF - in project mode

Wow... I wish I was closer! I'd be all over that!!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
      Wow... I wish I was closer! I'd be all over that!!
      I second that!!
      FireManStan7
      1979 XS1100F
      "I'm goin ridin...anyway"

Comment

I'm working on it right now, how can anybody pass up a deal like this? How close are you to Flint, MI? I have a buddy who lives in Flint. Anyway, I will be in touch. Thanks

Comment

Yes, I can take it

Hi,
          I can use that bike if you still have it, let me know, you can call, Ive pm d you with the number or pm me your number, and I can call you. I am close enough.
          Bikes Now.
          80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
          79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
          83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
          83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
          08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

I'm betting he got bombarded with PMs

I sent a PM as well - I could pick it up as early as Wed/Thurs of this week. It's only a 9 hour drive
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Well, I'm out, can't get anyone to cooperate up in that neck of the woods. Hope somebody goes and picks this one up, the price can't be beat.

Comment

still want it

I am still wanting it , no problem getting there.
                Bikes Now.
                80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
                79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
                83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
                83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
                08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
                  I'm betting he got bombarded with PMs

I sent a PM as well - I could pick it up as early as Wed/Thurs of this week. It's only a 9 hour drive
                  Yup, I got a "few" PM's, to be fair the first in was offered, if they still want it then it's gone, if not then I will go to the next in line.

I apologize for not posting sooner but between packing and work I haven't had much time to get online. Catatonic, I understand the "closer" thing, the family and I are moving to the St Louis area for work, too bad I couldn't have scored a rental place that had a shop or a garage, then again had I the man power to load the bike up and move it with me I could have "delivered it" to you.

If the first PM'er backs out I will be in touch with the next one, if they still want it I will post that it's gone.

Thanks all
                  Tim
                  79SF - in project mode

Comment

Hope things go well with the move. If the person who gets it is close enough, you should put them to work with the packing
                    Website/Blog

Comment

Hmmm....See if it works out to be you how you feel about that.

I use to own a beater pickup truck when I was in my early twenties. Amazing how much beer you can make moving people or their things!!
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                        Hmmm....See if it works out to be you how you feel about that.

I use to own a beater pickup truck when I was in my early twenties. Amazing how much beer you can make moving people or their things!!
                        If it's Wed or Thurs, unless I can get a last-minute day off work, it will be my wife and friend (often referred to as wife #2 who is a Harley girl)
                        Website/Blog

Comment

Congrats to oseaghdha, first in and still wants it. Thanks to everyone else who were interested.
                          Tim
                          79SF - in project mode

Comment

Originally posted by Kezrith View Post
                            Congrats to oseaghdha, first in and still wants it. Thanks to everyone else who were interested.
                            No, thanks to you for doing a ggod thing and sending the bike on to someone who will appreciate it, Too many are left at junk yards or parted away. Good karma begets good karma.
                            dp
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                            X