'80 black xs special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 black xs special

Very nice shape with 17,500 miles. Looking for $1700. Not negotiable, because everybody here knows these bikes are special. I have another xs11 that I am keeping and last year I picked up a Suzuki Boulevard 1500 that I am riding alot since I retired and the xs's are only used for "short" jaunts in the hills or countryside sprints. And the occasional grocery run. I will try to post pics but never tried before so here goes. The bike is in Northern Connecticut between Hartford and Springfield, Ma. - John

Pics?

How do I attach pics? Anyone? anyone? I do not see a link to add an attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibleman View Post
      How do I attach pics? Anyone? anyone? I do not see a link to add an attachment.
      Well you have to go to a free pic hosting site like Photobucket...once you make an album move your mouse over the desired pic...below each pic you will see several different links click your mouse on the one that says IMG Code..it will become highlighted then move the mouse over the pic itself and click Copy...navigate back to this site and in your message box click Paste..If you have any text in the box be sure to separate the text from the pic by at least one line...good luck
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks. I'll give er a try. I appreciate your timely help

Comment

Hope this works
          Last edited by Ken Talbot; 08-18-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Pics seem a little BIG
            Last edited by Ken Talbot; 08-18-2010, 12:01 AM. Reason: image layout

Comment

nice bike

Thats a beautiful bike Bibleman, seems you should get that much for it.
              Bikes Now.
              80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
              79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
              83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
              83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
              08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

My compliments to you.

Pics seem a little BIG
                Dear Bibleman,

That is a real nice unit you have(better than mine). I am a new owner and am learning as much as I can about these beautiful beasts. I wish you well.

Max Rageous

Comment

Max, you are definitely in the right place as a new owner of these great bikes. This site has been so helpful with the members so willing to resolve any and all issues that have come up over the last 30 years. Way more knowledge of the "beast" can be found here than in a contemporary bike shop (dealers included). My first bike developed a chronic stalling after pulling hard on the throttle. After trying to get the carbs worked and coils and electrical wiring tested- still no good. But the help I got here directed me to the "common" ignition wire break inside the rubber insulation (located in the timing case cover)that is unseen by human eyes. Almost all these bikes have, or will, experience this problem and can be readily repaired by carefully soldering the wires back together. When I bought my first one, I had a fear that parts would be hard to come by and the thought of a nice day and the bike being on the center stand for repair scared me so much that I bought another one. Actually, a few months after I traveled 800 miles to get the first one, a nicer one(this one that is posted here) with only 9K showed up on E-bay and was 20 miles away. Insteading of compaining about "bad" timing I bought this too! Anyway, thanks for looking and commenting. Enjoy the Ride! -Jesus is LORD- John

Comment

It's a shame you are a thousand miles away

Nice looking bike
                    Looking for a nice Special or XJ.

Comment

Ps, I live 2 miles from the Airport. You can always fly in and ride home. The weather and scenery is getting close to fantastic this time of year as we are expecting an early leaf turning and warm temps. The bike is "Turn-key" and needs absolutely nothing. Dunlop 404's and brakes have less than 5k, tank cremed, battery new this year,middle and rear drive oils changed last year, fork oil changed this year, rear shocks replaced 2 years ago and k&n air filter.

Comment

Ps, I live 2 miles from the Airport. You can always fly in and ride home. The weather and scenery is getting close to fantastic this time of year as we are expecting an early leaf turning and warm temps. The bike is "Turn-key" and needs absolutely nothing. Dunlop 404's and brakes have less than 5k, tank cremed, battery new this year,middle and rear drive oils changed last year, fork oil changed this year, rear shocks replaced 2 years ago and k&n air filter.
                        Yeah, I already checked on flights. It would be just as cheap to ship the bike.

Comment

Ahhh, but you miss the ride. Where do you live?

Comment

I'm in Atlanta Ga. It would be an interesting ride but don't really have the time nor extra money.

Comment

Working...
                            X