Banshee is now for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banshee is now for sale

Well, the time has come to let Banshee find a new home. Asking $1800 for the bike. It is a 1981 XS1100 Special. Torn down to the frame and engine and reassmebled with all parts cleaned and all new fluids. Carbs rebuilt, brakes cleaned and all new pads. New TC fuse box. Tires are less than a year old and have about 2k miles on them.

Here is a link to the thread on the process this bike has been through....

Project Banshee

Final picks of the finished bike are on page 4 toward the bottom.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Don,
    Just wanted to congratulate you on the final product! Looks awesome!

Course, I never had any doubts... every bike you've had are things of beauty!

Wow... what a transformation! I appreciate all the labor hours of effort you've invested there, and hope it brings all that you need out of her.

Hope Banshee finds a good home to someone who will equally appreciate it.

Ya did good! Hate to see you becoming XSless... but I do understand & hope it's not permanent.

Haven't chatted w/ ya in a while... and hope you're recovery's still progressing, and that you're feeling better.

I know about a wife's influence... especially after a crash! Mine never said a word... but her eyes said it all. Sure sucked bigtime when she was the one to scrub the roadrash out of my wounds, too! Not just for me, either...

Great job on the project, and you should be proud of it!
    Take it easy.
    Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thanks very much Bob.

Recovery is going strong. Spent last week at Myrtle Beach. playing in the ocean and deep sea fishing, parasailing, and playing put-put golf. I still have a bit of a limp, and walking down steps is a battle of strength still. Otherwise, day to day I am almost back to my version of normal. Now to get back to my jump and flying kicks and wokring with a 3 sectional staff.

As for the bike, it was a labor of love mostly. The only parts that caused me real grief were the exhaust I did not expect, the tank needing repainting, and my stupidity in breaking the welded on bolt. In fact I was just taunting SWMBO that I need another one now to work on. Even have an idea in mind of which one, something around here locally. Hard to tell if it will come through. But I am not out of the game just yet, well, maybe not anyway. She did not throw a complete hissy fit about it. First things first though, get this one sold. speaking of which, here is the Craiglist ad.

1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Working...
      X