Selling the XS11 $1500 OBO, Charlotte NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling the XS11 $1500 OBO, Charlotte NC

I am currently thinking I should sell the bike. I don't have the time to work on it any more. It has almost 30K miles. Tires with around 2k miles. Carbs have been ultra sonic cleaned. It is not tuned perfectly. I have been struggling to get them perfect but feel I am close. I have a donor set of carbs with 2 fubar carbs from pilot jets. The forks need to be rebuilt. Sissy bar and luggage rack. A box of random parts. Engine, middle drive and final drive have all had oil changes in the last year. New wire harness installed in the fall. POR 15 kit done properly on gas tank. She needs some tlc to look great. Valve lashing done within the last year. Auto Adjusting tensioner installed and compression equal on all 4 cylinders. I have put about 1500 into it along with many hours of trying to get it to run right. Please make an offer.
    1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
    1981 XJ650 Midnight - Black Betty
    Road Dog 4 Life

Wifey

Welllllll guys... sorry. Not selling this thing, even though funds are tight my wife told me that I have to keep it. Yes, I was told not to sell it by my wife. So yeah. Nothing to see here.
    1979 XS 1100SF Serenity
    1981 XJ650 Midnight - Black Betty
    Road Dog 4 Life

Comment

Congrats, thats always good news.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Keeper

Sounds like a Keeper.... The wife that is
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by Rettic View Post
          Welllllll guys... sorry. Not selling this thing, even though funds are tight my wife told me that I have to keep it. Yes, I was told not to sell it by my wife. So yeah. Nothing to see here.
          She is proibably feeling guilty for the QVC shopping spree she went on everytime you went into the garage to work on the xs
          1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Hi, Rettic...

+1 to the wife! Wow... Phil's right! Now there's a definite keeper!
            Does she have a sister that's available?

Glad to hear your decision. These bikes are worth way more than the little money they bring, IMHO....
            Bob
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

What is your compression, mine runs from 90 to 125.
              Darrell
              78E
              80G project
              06FJR

Comment

Working...
              X