'82 xj1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '82 xj1100

Bike is turnkey...approx. 28K original miles...comes with 3 different exhaust systems...plus original parts to return the bike back to the naked look. Tranny gears were replaced with new gearsets in 2008...will never be a problem again. Engine was out of the frame and repainted and all chrome shined up. Has Hwy pegs as well. New raer Dunlop elite 3...Kerker exhaust...also have original seat bar. I'm the original owner and have had this bike since it was new... Clear title in hand.Time to sell because my economy sucks and I need the cash and I just dont ride it very often. I will offer it here to forum members for $1800 firm...otherwise its going on ebay.
    Last edited by madmax-im; 07-24-2010, 07:28 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Price change

Meant to list the price at $2200 OBO
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Wow!....Havin a STeed again has finally spoiled ya......don't ride the Venturer that much, but still like a scoot that "does something" on occassion. Sure you can relate to the "does something" havin a STeed that just pounds out the miles quietly, effortlesly, quickly, and streches 50+ miles on a gal. of fuel. Got a fair price on the Maxim......should put a smile on someones face riding.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thanks Motoman...I've had it a long time and now someone else will hopefully enjoy it and take care of it....Not an easy decision but the economics of the times kinda dictate it.
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

1982 XJ1100 MadMax Others may come and go but this ones' a keeper
          This might hurt a little :P
          82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
          Website/Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
            This might hurt a little :P
            Yeah I dont need people to rub it in my face...I've kept this bike since it was new...27+ years. Times are what they are.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Benny, sorry to hear your selling the bike. Hope you get what your asking for it.
              Dan
              Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
              Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
              while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Hey Madmax-im , can I come by sometime to look at it. I live in Apex, not to far away. I work in RTP and could come in the evening.
                Slow down and enjoy life. If you are in that much of a hurry, you should have left eariler.
                Current rides:
                80 XS1100SG
                82 JX1100
                83 Venture Royale
                86 V-Max

Comment

Bike is now listed on ebay...
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                    Bike is now listed on ebay...
                    Ben, sorry to see you are letting her go but i know you went over to the dark side withe the honda....
                    i didn't see it listed on fleabay though. did you sell it already?
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

Well DuWayne I've owned a ST1100 since '07...the 1st one was a'95 in red...sold it last year then i was trying to do on the XJ what i was doing with the ST...too late already spoiled and the comfort of the ST and the 300mile range per tank really clinched it....Then in Jan of this year I picked up the '01 ST1100 as you saw it at XSEast...so I just dont need 2 bikes...I may be moving back to the Northeast so i dont wanna have to drag 2 bikes around.
                      So heres the ad on fleabay
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item3a5d4ae5bb
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hey, Ben!
                        Man... sorry you have to do this! Wish we lived closer & my economy wasn't in the shape it's currently in, too! That's a nice bike. It'd be sweet to have 2 XJ's...

$1800 was what I gave for mine in the beginning, too. But mine wasn't a 1 owner... and we all here know you've taken care of her.

Hope you get all you're asking, and it's as painless as possible.
                        Bob
                        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
                          Hey, Ben!
                          Man... sorry you have to do this! Wish we lived closer & my economy wasn't in the shape it's currently in, too! That's a nice bike. It'd be sweet to have 2 XJ's...

$1800 was what I gave for mine in the beginning, too. But mine wasn't a 1 owner... and we all here know you've taken care of her.

Hope you get all you're asking, and it's as painless as possible.
                          Bob
                          Thanks Bob I'm having lots of 2nd thoughts about this...too many yrs together...plus yesterday I needed gas for it...so while the gas stattion is 3 miles away I rode Max about 50 miles just around the backroads...man I shouldn't have done that...now I'm thinking of just cancelling the auction...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Keep it

I agree, Keep the bike, its only one time in history a bike like these xj's comes along. Everytime you think about an xs or xj your fingers will quiver, and that I shouldn't have done it will crop up. When you get too old to ride, maybe that would be the time to let some young dude get it, and have his eyes pop out at the uniqueness of these wonderful models. If you really have to let it go, then so be it,,,,hope the Karma is good for you either way.....regards, Mike in S.Diego
                            mike
                            1982 xj1100 maxim
                            1981 venture bagger
                            1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                            1959 wife

Comment

Its just a bike...right?

You know its just a bike right? An inanimate object..it has no soul...Or does it or is it?? So why is it so hard to part with? I know some people have owned their XS11's for less time than I've owned Max and they have let it go..Maybe I should have sold it long ago but obviously didnt. It might have been easier then than it is now... OFC YMMV. To date its been 27 yrs and 4 months...Maybe I'll keep it and will it to my nephew who loves old bikes...oh boy some bidders will be pissed but they're nowhere near my reserve anyways...
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X