Mufflers for 80 xs11 Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mufflers for 80 xs11 Special

I need to replace the original mufflers on my xs11. Picked up a pair of new HD mufflersfrom a friend and i was wondering if anyone knows what this will sound like when done. HD muffler no. is 69856-95 and claims to be within the 80 Db limits for a Harley. I'n not looking to wake up the neighbourhood, just want to end up with a great sounding bike.
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

They will sound good

Hey Barrel guy,,,,,do it. A few members have already used various Harley muffs and they sound nice. A deep growl but quiet. Some have used the crossover and some havent. The one I heard was Planedick's, with no crossover and they sounded better than the originals, smooth, a little quiet growl. You can clamp them up, dont weld them and check out the sound, guarateed you will like it. I am putting a set on one of my xs1100's this week. It has a Kerker and is way to whiney and loud, and using some Harley FXD Muffs. Check out the search for Harley mufflers and there is a few posts, or contact Planedick who swears by them. More power and a better sound. Good Luck, Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Working...
    X