1959 wife

hey mike

are you thinning out the herd??
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Midnite

Crap!!! Why do I have to live sooooo far away???? This would complete my XS 11 collection. Double crap!!
      78 XS1100E Standard
      Coca Cola Red
      Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Herd thinning for more bikes

Yes Garth, I picked up two more 78' xs1100's and I am out of room in the garage. Soooo,,,I am selling two of the collection, one is the Midnite, I feel guilty only the bro inlaw has ridden lately, and the other is an xj750, and soon a Riva scooter. Having four xs1100's, two xs750's, one xj750, one xs400, two IT490's, one Ozark quad, my three car garage is down to one car for SHMBO. SO, the barn also has three more project bikes and with great tears the Midnite is up but if no solid offers come through I will keep it but would rather sell to someone who can ride and appreciate its uniqueness. Dont worry, I have plenty of wheels to ride to any quick rally we have, hope yours are going well. Regards, MIke in N.COunty Sun Diego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

Did you buy that bike up in Costa Mesa? Looks very nice.
          RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

From Ventura

HI, I got the bike from a guy in Ventura about three years ago. He couldn't get it running right, turned out to be the pickup wires and the carbs were way off internally. He ended up buying, of all things, a New Goldwing. It sounded like a sewing machine it was so quiet. A great guy, but didnt want to fix the old beast,,,,,,so, with all the bikes I have, hope it goes to someone who can ride and take care of it. Big discount if a xs member buys it. I hate to sell it to someone who cant take care of it. There are pics of it in the West coast rally in Yosemite, last year, and the Central Coast rally, this year. The bro inlaw rode it as his was not complete. It does have the larger wheel on the rear which keeps the revs about 300 rpm lower at highway speeds. See my old thread on rear wheel size. Much better than the problems with the add on 750 drives. Anyway, its in good shape, not perfect but a bad axxxs head turner. Regards, Mike in N.County, San Diego
            mike
            1982 xj1100 maxim
            1981 venture bagger
            1959 wife

Comment

You... you're getting rid of the Midnight? <falls over> Thud!

I'm putting the 1100 final drive back on Columbo for another blast out to Aridzona in the beginning of October; could stop by and maybe peek?

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Its ok Scott

Hey Scott,,its ok,,,the midnight will rock on somewhere. I just picked up two 78 xs1100's, so SHMBO,,,says its time to sell off a couple of the collection. Hope your trip is memorable,,,stop by for a cruise, buffet dinner, whatever. Let me know a day ahead of time and I can scrounge up the Bro inlaw, Tom,,,his xs is doing well. So far, a lot of interest in the EBay bidding on the midnite but only one bidder,,,so by sunday we will see how it goes.....take care,,,Mike in S.DIego
                mike
                1982 xj1100 maxim
                1981 venture bagger
                1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
                  Hey Scott,,its ok,,,the midnight will rock on somewhere.
                  Yay!

I'll stop by after the trip to Arizona. I'm leaving Wednesday or Thursday and I don't have enough time to head east and stay south!

Regards,

Scott
                  -- Scott
                  _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                  1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                  1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                  1979 XS1100F: parts
                  2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I'm thinking about it...

I might have to go to San Diego next week - I've been thinking about getting a bike to keep out there since I am there about once a month and it would be nice to ride. You guys just about have me convinced to pull the trigger.

I will get in touch if I can make it out there.

John
                    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

bummer - I dont get to come to SD

I was reassigned to another site - maybe in a few weeks if it is still available....

Meanwhile I am gonna look at another XS11 here in Texas this weekend I hope to replace the XS400 - maybe even a trade. That would be sweet - to have an 11 here and in CA

L8r

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
                      X