1979 XS1100 Full Dresser plus parts bike for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 XS1100 Full Dresser plus parts bike for sale

1979 XS1100 Full Dresser for sale. 20680 original miles. Comes w/a PA titled 1979 XS11 standard parts bike with 19,XXX on motor.

I bought this bike from the second owner who said he stopped running it a couple of years ago when it developed a fuel leak.

I cleaned it up some and did a lot of stuff to it already with the intention of running it a bit then selling it but I am running out of space and time to get it done before winter. Plus my good wife is getting impatient.

The good -
    Good tires (prev owner told me they are 3 yrs old), brake system has been cleaned out front and rear. Replaced intake manifolds, new plugs and NGK wire ends, replaced tank and petcocks w/ a clean working set from from ebay, cleaned and oiled K&N air filter, new fuel lines and filters, replaced battery, harley mufflers. Compression tested and is even at 140-150 across all 4 clys. Fuse panel has been replaced by previous owner w/ inline spade-type fuse holders.
    Cosmetically not too bad for a 30 year old bike but does have some scratches, small dents, missing paint and rust in spots. The bags and sidecovers are nice with no cracks or missing tabs. This bike has evidently been cared for over the years.

The bad-
    She starts right up but #2 cyl doesn't fire right correctly, and it blows some blueish/white smoke from the L. side tailpipe. The previous owner told me it was running fine when it was parked and he seemed honest. He also told me he changed the fluids every spring, took good care of it and was sorry to see it go. I am guessing the the valve seals are leaking or it has a stuck ring but I am not sure. Windshield has been replaced.

This is too nice of a bike to part out and should be a good project for someone, I just can't finish it.

Clear PA title in hand in my name for the full dresser. reconstructed PA title signed by the prev owner for parts bike.

I'm asking $1600 OBO for both bikes. PM me for more pics or info. I'm in S.E. PA, thanks

update - fired it up this afternoon - still missing on #2 but the smoking has stopped. good sign.

taking offers, thanks

Comment

ok, no interest at my "I wish" price.
      how about $900 for the touring bike and 200 for the parts bike - buy one or both.
      other parts available.
      very motivated seller listening to any offers, thanks

Comment

I am going to be down in Westchester, PA this weekend (Aug. 14-15), maybe we can come take a look at it?
        I emailed about it from a craigslist ad. I don;t really need the parts bike.

Let me know.!!
        Thanks.
        Dave
        1978 XS1100E

Comment

"Comes w/a PA titled 1979 XS11 standard parts bike with 19,XXX on motor"

Damn (oops darn) wished was a special would be all over this definatly would come and get it.
          1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

I wish I still lived in NEPA. I have this bike's twin sister in my driveway. I've been looking for the faring bottom's that your bike has on it for mine. Just my luck. I am sooo bummed right now.
            If it won't go, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X